lowering my twingo for 16" speedlines

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendan5691

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone else has done this, and what springs are best and how much shall i lower it by ?

I think most 133 springs drop it between 30-40mm. There isn't much variation between the different types as far as I'm aware.

When its next to cars you can tell the difference alot of people was relising at the national meet

when buying them and having it fitted, bare in mind they were tested on a stock 133 set up not cup. they will drop lower then cup springs but not what they state as thats the drop for non-cup springs :) if you find or have anyother custom made springs lowering the a stated 40mm drop you'll need shorter dampners :(

orbital":22proyqk said:
when buying them and having it fitted, bare in mind they were tested on a stock 133 set up not cup. they will drop lower then cup springs but not what they state as thats the drop for non-cup springs :) if you find or have anyother custom made springs lowering the a stated 40mm drop you'll need shorter dampners :(

Why would you need shorter dampers?

im just wondering because ive sent my up springs to get recoiled at 60mm lower..

the dampers are designed to work with certain spring lenghs/rates in a perfect world, fitting lower springs can cause undue stress on the shocks and cause them to leak etc but u should still get a fair few miles from them.

if u go low low them the springs will be shorter and then the dampers may b to long to hold the springs in place.
if u were to go over a small bridge/bump etc and unweight the car then the spring could move/pop out of its seats and u dont want that

Twingogeekeo":3egrqo4k said:
When its next to cars you can tell the difference alot of people was relising at the national meet

Agreed, it's definitely sat lower than 10mm.

Put my 60mm on today...its very low rubs too much at the back due to the offset on my wheels so having to get some 40mm ones made for the back but the front is spot on :)

Sharpy":3d0mf2ox said:
Put my 60mm on today...its very low rubs too much at the back due to the offset on my wheels so having to get some 40mm ones made for the back but the front is spot on :)

Is it rubbing with the 16"s or 17"s??

Sharpy":1crlq5y4 said:

What you doing with the 60mm lowering springs for the back?

Rubbing with the 16's on, the offset on them is et35 so they sit flush with the bodywork which looks spot on but not for lowering. need et45 for the back in an ideal world.

Probs sell them if the 40mm ones are alright! if not ill get some new wheels