lowering springs for a 40mm drop or more?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig92

Reaction score
is there any lowering springs for a GT that will lower by atleast 40mm as i dont want to spend over £650 on coilovers

Custom springs will do it nicely and you can spec exactly what you want. Few weeks and ~£160 last Time I looked into it. But I wouldnt without shortened dampers

ive had spax springs now for like a month and half. spax 30/40mm handling is much better and sits pretty nice, but im wanting lower profile tyres so im worried there will be a big gap in the wheel arch again :(

going 40mm lower will end up killing the dampers pretty quick, depends how fussy you are suspension wise, id take advantage of venom motorsports promo on fk coilovers

Martin_172":2slpw8ah said:
going 40mm lower will end up killing the dampers pretty quick, depends how fussy you are suspension wise, id take advantage of venom motorsports promo on fk coilovers

I've been 30/40 for over a year, no change since I first fitted the springs and dampers are fine.

Unless you get air over every speedbumps by driving like a cnut.

im only going by my experiance
1.2 16v clio (same setup as twingo) 60mm apex springs, dampers were shot after 10k on springs (140k in total)
DCi65 clio (Same setup as twingo) 60mm apex springs, dampers lasted less than 1k on springs (160k in total)
dci100 (eibach sportline springs, dampers lasted 5k (60k in total), replaced dampers with Bilstein OE which lasted 10k before being shot again

most people driving the car never noticed anything wrong but i enjoy driving and drive my cars quickly so notice when the suspension isnt 100%

What do i look for to see if my shocks are okay? not really had a look.. and coilovers are on my wishlist!

Ive been on spaxx 40mm front and back for 8-10 months with no apparent problems

i want those fk coilovers while there 360 odd quid but can't get them till after xmas. really hope the promo is still on then

BlackTwingo-i":2c0a127m said:
What do i look for to see if my shocks are okay? not really had a look.. and coilovers are on my wishlist!

Ive been on spaxx 40mm front and back for 8-10 months with no apparent problems
generally you are looking for oil on the shockabsorber body (the part the silver metal rod goes into) this shows when they are leaking but usually the car feels different before it gets to this stage, the front end feels bouncy over bumps at speed

Cheers mate, definatley still breaking my back over speed bumps haha!
Will keep my eye on it, must of done 10k+

mines lowered 60mm on mk2 clio 1.2 16v springs and ive done 13,000 n not a days trouble..... but want lower now so saving for coilies :)