Machine Polishing

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got one mate, they are really good, wouldnt recommend using them to often though and make sure u go on a course to use it properly coz you can make a mess, that one your looking at is the same one as mine,

Daveyb133":ft33y1vp said:
ive got one mate, they are really good, wouldnt recommend using them to often though and make sure u go on a course to use it properly coz you can make a mess, that one your looking at is the same one as mine,

Course ????

Youtube videos not good enough ?

i paid to go on a course with H2O to do it properly because its so easy to mess it up. if u feel confident after watching a video then go for it mate, i just know what im like, lol

Find a scrap panel and practice. If you find you need further tuition then go on a course. Some don't need it.

Personally I wouldn't advise that kit. The menz pads are very, very hard and you will likely find them hard to control at first. ANd the menz polishes are just too fussy for my liking. I would either get 250ml samples of the 3m polishes or the megs #205 and #105 bottles and replace the pads with some chemical guys hex logic pads

Test it on the parents car first ;)

I might look into a course but dunno where to start looking

Hmmm do i trust myself to just do it im also told not to use it all the time is this correct ?

Depends what you're using it for. You can use it to apply many glazes and sealants as often as you like. FOr actual polishing, it shouldn't need doing often. Just to remove the swirls, possibly scratches (although it will struggle with deeper ones) and then it won't need doing again until they reappear. Assuming your wash technique is up to scratch (excuse the poor pun) then that shouldn't be any time soon!

what we need is a detailer to come to the next meet and show us how to do it ;)

free tuition then :D

maggi112":pqn4trfu said:
Depends what you're using it for. You can use it to apply many glazes and sealants as often as you like. FOr actual polishing, it shouldn't need doing often. Just to remove the swirls, possibly scratches (although it will struggle with deeper ones) and then it won't need doing again until they reappear. Assuming your wash technique is up to scratch (excuse the poor pun) then that shouldn't be any time soon!

Hmmm dont know if its worth getting you putting it that way

I have one as well as 2 rotary's in my arsenal and still pick it up. For plastic panels, it's often the best way to get correction without getting the panel hot. Same on headlamps and rear lights etc. They're very capable machines and a great place to start.

Well i was more looking for a better finish when polishing and what not but if its just for paint correction might be better to pay a detailer ?

That would be the better results? Not really sure what it is you're after! Polish is abraisive by definition with the aim of removing scratches (with the use of compounds) and swirls (using finishing, less abraisive polishes).

If you're after more shine without removing paint, then glazes are what you're after. Many of them can fill swirls with oils and fillers. But they will wash away after a while and need reapplying. Some actually do benefit from being applied with a DA

So where i always polish my car i could be damaging the paint ?

Best thing to use is a glaze instead ?

If you're doing it by hand it should be okay depending on the product. But yes, effectively every time you polish you are removing micro layers of paint and eventually you will strike through the paint. But if by hand that'll take a long time

Results using a kestral DAS6 with 106fa on a finishing pad

DSC01701.jpg

I'll admit the photography needs a lil work :p

maggi112":3dziyyc6 said:
Results using a kestral DAS6 with 106fa on a finishing pad

DSC01701.jpg

I'll admit the photography needs a lil work :p

Picture dont show.

So i should be using a glaze instead of the polish all the time. Might need to get some on order just in the middle of making a list to order :lol:

ahh dam it! I paid the blooming subscription last night!! :evil:

I'll find it later. Ideally glaze more often. TBH if you clean, detar, clay, polish/glaze the car and wax it, it shouldn't really need stripping back and redoing for like 6 months if done right and maintained nicely. You have red mist right?

Just do the usual clay and polish, wax it with your chosen wax (I belive you have the amazing supernatural right?) and the top it up with red mist every other wash. You won't need to redo it for ages.

I have Red mist and Purple haze. I am looking at getting some super natural soon but only just got the purple haze.

So for my current washs all ill need is wash and the red mist it over? And then maybe once a month wash and then glaze/polish?