Made a decision about my GT...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly_GT

Reaction score
After much thought and careful consideration I have decided to keep the twingo until at least September this year.

Have thought about changing car many a time (and put up a few topics on here about it) but I don't think I'm ready to give my little Twingo up just yet. I am fully qualified in my job next August so have considered waiting until then but I don't know how I'll feel come nearer the end of this year so just going with the flow for now.

But!... with this in mind I've thought about painting a few little bits and bobs on the car and getting the wheels refurbished just to give it a little bit of life again (previous owner curbed the front and back drivers side wheels to f**k!).

How long do others on here think they'll keep their twingos for?

i kept my only time for 2 years. i just got bored with it and work was fine to upgrade to a Audi A3.

The reason i changed aswell was the big sum of money i had to pay at end of 4 years which would have been 3k and car probly wouldnt have made that for trade it. nearly took a loss when i did get rid of it but i got offered a price i couldnt turn down for the car i really really wanted.

Thing i will say is dont jump into changing it then regretting it 3 months down the line.

Well I was about to trade it in for a seat leon 170tdi fr but then I decided I get my extra years NCB in 3 months and then 2 months after that I turn 21! And the insurance quote on the leon goes from £1500 to £880.

So until June I'm saving as much as I can per month and selling bits off my GT to go towards the car fund, which means ill have the extra money to look for a Leon with the BTCC bodykit or start to consider a Scirocco.

Was hoping to give mine up on her 3rd birthday this year but looks like I'll be keeping her for a bit longer. Need to save up for a place with the bf and I don't earn enough to have a new car and a house :'( let's just hope the twingo doesn't fall apart in the meantime!

I'm sure a new motor is tempting, but paying off your mortgage as fast as possible gives you a lot more freedom to do irrational things in the future. Says the old sencible one with a very small mortgage, but now with some expensive bills for the Dini.

I think I'll be keeping it untill it dies and can't be reincarnated

Caz-133cup":2zdugnm8 said:
Was hoping to give mine up on her 3rd birthday this year but looks like I'll be keeping her for a bit longer. Need to save up for a place with the bf and I don't earn enough to have a new car and a house :'( let's just hope the twingo doesn't fall apart in the meantime!

So that's me buying the house then? :lol:

I too have considered of buying other cars, but as much as I'd want it's too early.. I'd lose too much money and I would really miss this car since this is my official first car.

Caz-133cup":1vhxro7t said:

I'd ditch that loser of a boyfriend, if I were you. ;)

I've had my Twingo about 2 months now and I'll need to keep it at least 2 years until it's paid off.

I was in the same position as you Kelly until November this year with my old Clio. Unless you've got your heart set on one particular car (which was the 133 for me) and had the finances to get one, then by all means go for it. The Twingo is a good car, keeping it for a while longer is never gonna be a bad thing!

Want to keep mine till it dies, but if Lookers carry on palming off fixing it till the warrenty expires it could be sold sooner than i thought :(

I can't see myself selling my Gordini to be honest. It'll be bought and paid for by August so I'll add that to the collection alongside the Megane haha. Thing is I do such little mileage in them, it'd be a waste to sell them when they still depreciate almost as much as one with average mileage.

My only plans are to keep the Megane/Twingo mint and tune up the 172!! :D

Gona keep mine till its done about 70k then hopefully gona upgrade to a cleo. German cars are proper nice but they cost so much more to service :(

Was talking with my gf earlier and if all goes well between us, we might start our own small company.

Although we don't know when or where yet, but this means I could register my next car as a 'company' car. She even suggested that her self, because it's alot cheaper.

GT86 or Clio RS as company car with fuel card, yes please :p