Madeno Racing big brake kit inventory? Who's in for it?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in for it? Yes:

• 1: 4 piston calipers in use with standard discs for about 1.000 euro

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 2: 4 piston calipers in use with standard sized drilled discs for about 1.250 euro

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 3: 4 piston calipers in use with 305 mm single discs for about 1.500 euro

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

1975DCS

Reaction score
I just received my answer per mail from Madeno Racing, it seems they were already planning an affordable upgrade for street purposes, well actually 3 upgrades:
1: 4 piston calipers in use with standard discs for about 1.000 euro
2: 4 piston calipers in use with standard sized drilled discs for about 1.250 euro
3: 4 piston calipers in use with 305 mm single discs for about 1.500 euro

So if your really interested please fill in the form on their website: https://www.madenoracing.com/contact/

Of course I am curious how much interest their is, so do not hesitate to use the poll above!

Please leave the discussion about 4 piston calipers in the other thread: post53998.html#p53998

option 4 on the poll for me. Sorry, but you know my reasoning.

1000+ euro is quite a price too, so I'll be interested in the reaction

44 views of the post and only one vote. Either means we are too lazy to select an option, or the option we want isn't there. Granted, you need to be logged in to vote, but there must be more than me logged in.

£450 saw the audi with some used Boxter S 4-pots and mounting brackets and 325mm discs

That's a good deal... For now I stay away from used brakes, as I bought a used set for the Ford Sierra RS Cosworth )AP, 315 mm), but the discs turned out in bad condition after all and the same applies for the Audi S2 (AP, 330 mm), although better.
Kinda only made the vote for those wanting an of those upgrades, will be about 1% of Twingo RS owners I guess...

What are you planning on using your twingo for that would see you justify spending over a 1000 euro?
As has been said there is a couple of people who use there cars on track and they have either replaced pads or given cooling upgrades they don't feel the need for such drastic brakes.
Don't get me wrong I'd love a set of ap racing brakes but on a car that weights only a ton and has discs all round 280 mm brakes are ample.

the discs were actualy new, but, as you mention on the other thread, vag/porsche is a well troden path, so an easy swap

It could be possible to do the resrarch and save a lot of cash, but you would need to find a caliper with the same piston area.. Radial mount calipers are probably easiest to make mounts for. Work out roughly where the caliper needs to sit, then cross check against the Pagid online cataloge and find a disc of correct size, thickness and offset... Bore and bolt holes may need machining to suit hub... With the disc decided upon, the final bracket dimensions can be worked out and machined.

You see, I'm not completely against the idea, I just think your motives of "better" brakes are not justified...

People don't get me wrong: I am not saying you need this in a car with this little weight and this kind of power, the same as you don't need coil-overs for your daily driving or even occasional track days. But in MY opinion I would rather have like a Clio RS Brembo kit with normal Renault supplied pads than a upgrade with mild competition pads and/or drilled discs. And braking does not only mean getting your car to stop once or twice from 120 mph to 0, as the OEM's will easily do that. But driving like a maniac downhill through the alps, even big brakes will overcook themselves. I don't drive like a maniac, but I still fancy those brakes! I don't want or like to make a comparison with Motorspot, but let's face it, ever been to the Rallycross in Lydden Hill? Those 950 kg Clio's come downhill with just 100 mph, they brake before the corner and the brakes are red glowing hot and these are 330-355 mm AP's! Most cars suffer from fading on Lydden Hill and this is a low speed sport with a lot of fast changes between full throttle and hard breaking. Sure these cars accelerate faster, but breaking from 100 mph, that's what we all do sometimes? But indeed you are probably never ever going to need such on a road even with a heavy right foot and yes there are more ways than one to achieve improvements!

This is the sort of thing your after doing>>>
Hispec Clio 300mm conversion

Being as they make blank mounting brackets in various offsets and bells with different offsets, I'm sure you could get them fitted. For comparisson, including 20%vat, current price works out at 1120 Euro

i know its sorta off topic but a buddy of mine has managed to fit the brembo brakes off what i think is a peugeot 407 coupe (or something similar) and mounted them onto his 106 gti.. he only paid £40 for each caliper from a local scrapyard (maybe unsure of what brembos retail at i dont know) but he rebuilt them completely and they are a real set of anchors for.. well.. less than a new set of stardard ones i guess.. is there not a renault that uses 4 pots that could be adapted to fit.. tell me to mind my own by all means but im real intruiged as to what could be done brake wise.. as nothing looks better than a large set of discs ;)

Just saying : my 4 pot Brembos with fixing plates and all the hardware, plus the AP Racing discs in 300m diameter and 32mm thickness cost me under 1000€ including labour, fluid, etc...

What would you need to do to modify the ktec 1*2 sets? Or is there something I didn't see.

Whether or not you would make use of that if you don't track it, it does look bloody cool!

maggi112":1f9dd4e9 said:
What would you need to do to modify the ktec 1*2 sets? Or is there something I didn't see.

Whether or not you would make use of that if you don't track it, it does look bloody cool!
The 133 has a different diameter caliper piston to the Mk2 Clio (1.2 Twingos are the same as Clio). Theres a thread somewhere with the piston areas etc and how that would alter the brake force / peddle feel. Wether the caliper bracket would line up and bolt straight onto the 133 hub carrier is another question

Maybe Anthony can shed some light on the piston areas for his calipers for a comparison to the originals.

It's super expensive

can have better seting for cheaper has say yotah

Ok, ok, but to be fair you can't compare fitted prices with DIY or DIY + modifications... Not all of us are mechanics or have the space and equipment to do so! It's like a cambelt, the parts cost close to nothing, but the labour involved...