Maintenance

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MovingShadow

Reaction score
Car went in the garage last night.

Got a Twingo as spare car, its diesel though (not really a fan of diesel) but when leaving carpark of the garage I made the wheels spin by accident. Damn things a little go-cart!

Got my Wind for 1 year now with 20,000 km the first small maintenance.

Although I made some remarks that they need to look at:

- Brakes are squeeking
- Roof needs a little greasing (more noisy than usual when driving bumpy roads)
- USB (iPod) & auxillary never worked. Adressed this when it came out of the garage when I bought it but never really bothered to bring it in for that.
- The rubber seals around the drivers side (where the roof connects with the windshield) are a little weary. When it rains really hard, there's a few water drops that get through

+ I ordered the Renault Sport shifter which is very cool :cool:

Question to you Twingo'ers, couple of months ago my steering wheel and leather around the shifter was replaced (thank god for warranty) because the leather ripped open on both of them.
Any of you ever noticed this on your car?

Brakes squeaking could be how the car has been washed, not likely to be replacement pads at that mileage unless you're really hard on them?

As for the steering wheel, I've seen a few members have them replaced on here. Doesn't seem uncommon

Can't say that I do. I brake on the engine as well.

What do you mean by the way you wash your car?

About the leather, the guy at the garage said its because of temperature change.

the steering wheel melting/ ripping, seems to happen to everyone i know. renault make fantastic cars shame they cannot seem to develop a steering wheel. its the only manufacturer i know whose steering wheels do this.

So I got my car back, small maintenance done.

But my car has to go back in next week for 3 days.
Apprently the roof has moved a little bit, makes too much noise (when its closed), and doesn't close flawlesly anymore.
Car needs to be transported to a bodywork garage with technicians who received special training to re-configure the roof.

Entire audio system will probaly replaced too because the iPod/auxillary is not working at all.

Thank god for warranty..

On the good side, the garage gave me the Renault Sport shifter for free as in they found it a little outrageous that my car already had such problems.

manofhow":1akq5ay7 said:
the steering wheel melting/ ripping, seems to happen to everyone i know. renault make fantastic cars shame they cannot seem to develop a steering wheel. its the only manufacturer i know whose steering wheels do this.

Never owned an old Ford then ;)

Sounds like some top quality service! it's only a shame that the car / the roof need such work on it already! :(

picture of the interior with the new shifter & I like it alot more!

7wt52l.jpg

what's up with the hula girl? And the interior of the Wind looks way better compared to the one of the Twingo IMHO!

by the way, does the Wind have a reverse pull up gear, if you know what I mean.. :p

The hula girl is a souvenir from Hawaii.

you mean like you have to pull up a ring on the shifter to put it in reverse?

When I drove the Twingo, the rev meter in front of you is awesome but then the speed-o-meter in the center of the dashboard is something I'm not a fan of.

So its back in the garage for the re-configuration of the roof and fixing the iPod & Auxillary connection.

Replacement car is a Twingo GT :D

Hopefully I'll get mine back Wednesday or else it's going to be Friday..

So the roof has been fixed but the iPod connection has not.

Garage said they've brought in a ticket to Renault France, they'll review it there. The garage promised me though that it will be fixed and that the problem is a well known issue.

Went to the garage last friday and the fixed the crack in my wheelarche. I think they removed the nose of my car because the garage detached the balasts from my HID kit that were hanging underneath the headlights with strips. They're both loose so I'll have to re-attach them.

The radio (iPod & Aux) is a whole other story.

So they replaced the module with the USB & Aux box but it didn't fix the problem. It shows the song, you can see they're playing but no sound. Garage contacted Renault what to do and they replied the replace the entire radio. The reponsible of the garage was a little clueless as well and apolegized alot for still having this weird problem not fixed.

So this week it should come in and hopefully that will fix it.. meanwhile they left the plastic around my radio away so now it looks like someone tried to steal my radio.

That's good to hear.

Tell me (as I'm not very good with technology), does the USB socket take any type of USB memory stick, and how do you have to have your music loaded on it, please?

Should be any USB stick you like. I'm not sure myself about the format of the songs, I'll have to try out which ones work and which ones don't.