Martin's Red GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i might stick a hybrid of some sort on it in the distant future but for now its back to saving for a mortgage lol!

Henk recons stage 1 cars run 110bhp and stage 2 182 injector cars run 130bhp on his maps as he focus'es on mid range punch and drivability rather than chasing peak figures.

todays results...
61651_3471388963875_798197250_n.jpg

Happy with that, cant wait to get 182 injectors and get that top end power gain that i now need!

Martin_172":3es143l0 said:
todays results...
61651_3471388963875_798197250_n.jpg

Happy with that, cant wait to get 182 injectors and get that top end power gain that i now need!
are you still using the rs tuner

That's some serious low end torque you've gotten there!

Martin_172":27sqg5sl said:
Henk recons stage 1 cars run 110bhp and stage 2 182 injector cars run 130bhp on his maps as he focus'es on mid range punch and drivability rather than chasing peak figures.

What would the difference be between stage 1 and 2 on a GT? In terms of mods

Dubz":16johy6j said:

Martin_172":16johy6j said:

Probably what i have on mine lol, apart from bigger injectors and fuel pump.

JE_GT":1yusw18c said:
Dubz":1yusw18c said:

Martin_172":1yusw18c said:

Probably what i have on mine lol, apart from bigger injectors and fuel pump.

isnt stage 1 just a remap then stage 2 exhaust and remap then stage 3 fmic exhaust remap and injectors

there isnt a set "stage" criteria, its just what ever the tuner requires for their maps.

Henks stage 1 map that i have at the moment gives a bit of extra top end bhp but more focuses on low down torque, it makes the car so much more drivable, pulls like a train from low down the revs now where previously you were having to rev its nuts off!

Stage 2 requires 182 injectors, low down torque will still be the same as its pretty much maximised on that turbo, a bit more could be gained from exhaust mods etc but top end of the rev range where you see my power graph flatening out can be pushed harder to the 130+bhp mark

you generally find on roling road runs most cars run more power on the 2nd run over the first as the oil temperature etc gets higher and makes the engine more efficient, mine was the opposite which to me says inlet temperatures were suffering, so need to get a FMIC soon too

hmmm cheaper than having a remap done by the 'pro's' Don't know whether to bother though as I only intend keeping it for another year or so.

remember your RS tuner will probably be worth £100-£150 though if you sell it! so you could buy it, map it and then sell it the same day meaning your map has only cost you £150 or there abouts!

How much was the dyno runs Martin? I've only been there on RR days so what's the price on your own?

Martin_172":3v775sfc said:
remember your RS tuner will probably be worth £100-£150 though if you sell it! so you could buy it, map it and then sell it the same day meaning your map has only cost you £150 or there abouts!

You may have swayed me... *hovers over order button* is it just the standard version you used?

That's not a bad performance gain at all from just a funky little box! Would you plan on going the whole hog and get the map from K-tec?

henk is arguably a better mapper than k-tec so ill just stick with him now ive got the gear to load his maps.

AlunJ, yeah just the standard.

N0ddie, it was the Boabytapd RR day, £35 for 2 runs and print out. If im honest, Falkland Performance in glenrothes was a much more accurate setup, Extremes seemed to be over reading by around 10% on BHP but spot on with torque figures from the cars that were there, which would put me around henks estimated 110bhp. HOWEVER its been consistent the last 2 times we have been there with peoples cars, so it may not give an accurate figure of what power your running but it gives an accurate figure of what your gaining from mods, and thats all im using it for anyway :)