Martin's Red GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lgonzalez":1zd3471f said:
AlunJ":1zd3471f said:
Well I've done it, took it for a run and all I can say is WOW. I don't think people are going to believe that is a 1.2 when I take them out in it any more :lol:
No one thinks they are 1.2's when they first get in them for a lift when they are standard either ;-) unless they are clued up of course lol

Everyone loves the fact my car is a 1149cc even my brother in law who has an EP3 type R loves my car, when he tells people on camp about my car they laugh, until he mentions the power output for basically a 1.1! Then they love it also! :lol:

Then just an uprated fuel pump and 182 injectors and your ready for 140-150 bhp before a bigger turbo is needed and clutch ;)

Martin_172":293ohr08 said:
AlunJ":293ohr08 said:
Well I've done it, took it for a run and all I can say is WOW. I don't think people are going to believe that is a 1.2 when I take them out in it any more :lol:

awesome gain in low down torque eh?!!!

my mate has a clio TCE tuned by a tuner up this way expected to be around 130bhp, side by side when going for it on the motorway there is nothing in it between me and him which if im running around 118bhp then that would tally up that he is running 125-130bhp, but he doesnt have as much low down torque as me, side by side from 30mph him in 2nd gear me in 3rd gear they are equal!

Yes! The torque is brilliant for overtaking, I was doing 60, tapped the throttle and before I knew it I was doing 90, whoops!

well now that xmas is over with and all my money is my own again (LOL!) its time for a new shopping list so this week....
FK Coilovers
182 Injectors
Fastchip Stage 2
Waterpump
Timing belt kit and Aux belts

Martin_172":1d2azelh said:
well now that xmas is over with and all my money is my own again (LOL!) its time for a new shopping list so this week....
FK Coilovers
182 Injectors
Fastchip Stage 2
Waterpump
Timing belt kit and Aux belts

172 injectors also fit.

I'm interested in the results with the 182 injectors.

I still got 172 injectors laying at home, unused.

I want to install them but I don't want to pay for a remap again.
I'd like to see the results when you remapped it with Henk and what the costs were.

BR-Performance asked 470 € for a remap with the injectors.

MovingShadow":g03m18v6 said:

I'd like to see the results when you remapped it with Henk and what the costs were.

yeah hopefully pick some up tomorrow and im waiting on henk getting back to me with a date for when he can sort me a map and ill take a few days off work to organise it (rather than fitting injectors, data logging, fitting old ones back while waiting for henks new map etc)

really you could get 130-140bhp on the standard injectors but its pushing them pretty hard so ill probably run a comfortable 130-140bhp with them, im on the lookout for a standard megane 230 intercooler too to fit

Martin_172":2ora2ghu said:
MovingShadow":2ora2ghu said:

yeah hopefully pick some up tomorrow and im waiting on henk getting back to me with a date for when he can sort me a map and ill take a few days off work to organise it (rather than fitting injectors, data logging, fitting old ones back while waiting for henks new map etc)

really you could get 130-140bhp on the standard injectors but its pushing them pretty hard so ill probably run a comfortable 130-140bhp with them, im on the lookout for a standard megane 230 intercooler too to fit
my m8s getting a new intercooler on his 230 ill se if he will sell his old one for ya

yeah mate let me know cheers!

FK coilovers ordered today from venom motorsport allong with team heko wind deflectors, place on ebay doing them for £30 odd quid, apparently rrp is 60 odd quid but ive no idea if thats true or not

Still quiet on this front, STILL waiting on my FK coilovers, Venom motorsports website claims they keep every single kit in stock for a quick delivery time, yet its over a month and all they can tell me is they are on order from Germany. and for the last 2 weeks in a row have told me they should be here "early next week" bit of a joke tbh!

however ive ordered a Focus ST intercooler, all the silicon bends i recon ill need and some stainless pipe to fit it all! looking to do an ultra tidy descreet install with the intercooler hiding behind the grill so you can see it if you look for it but it doesnt stand out as i think this looks a bit cheap and nasty!

team hekko deflectors are on
20130126188.jpg

Venom motorsport say FK in germany are still waiting on parts for my coilovers so i can expect them around the 22nd of Feburary! so its a waiting game, anyway i had a bauld front passengers tyre as the tracking is a bit out but i dont want to get the alignment setup until after the coilovers are on so went to the scrappys for a part worn tyre, £15 fitted for a pretty much brand new continental, bonus! but......

looking in the corner at all the for sale alloy wheels i found a set of 15" MK1 172 OZ F1 Cups with no tyres, asked the guy how much and he said £150 (they are probably worth about £300!!) i told him no chance they are just for my little runabout and ill give him £100 final offer for them which he accepted!!!

got them home, they need a refurb but thats not a problem i can do that, they are all straight which is the main thing! i rubbed one down today and its in primer already so tomorrow ill attack it with a few different colours see what i prefer then rub it down again with the rest of them, get them primed, painted and then lacqured!

i think they will be going bright silver to match the spoiler and front fog light bits!

only pic i have so far (there is 4, ones hiding!)
20130207258.jpg