Matte vs. glossy?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthias

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a white Twingo RS and a year ago I decided to cover the trim where the license plate is with the matte black finish sticker. Since I also have a sunroof, I had a sticker attached on the white trim between the front windshield and the sunroof too. Now that I have a brand new diffuser and want to paint it in gloss black (Clio RS style), I started wondering whether to remove the matte black finish sticker from the front mask and from the trim between the windshield and the sunroof and replace it with the gloss black ones, Twingo RS Gordini style (I know those are painted, but it looks the same). What do you think about it? Should I stay with the matte black finish or switch it? Should I cover the diffuser with the matte black sticker? Help me to decide, as I can’t make my mind, but I do think that glossy diffuser and matte black front mask don’t go well together. Or am I wrong? Also, I was thinking about painting the stock 17” Cup wheels in orange (does anyone know the colour code for the orange colour used on Twingo’s seats and seatbelts?). Are there any pictures around or can someone do a quick photoshop for me as I can’t really imagine how those wheels would look on the car :cool:

Thanks in advance!

I like gloss black so personally I would go all out with the gloss black. ORANGE wheels??? I wouldnt do that to your poor car i think they look lovely anthercite, if anything go for gloss black wheels to match the rest

Thank you for the answers, I will go for the glossy stickers now, but I'm not sure about those orange wheels, they are way too "In your face"...on the other hand, that's not such a bad thing, is it? :)