megane engine

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky eddie

Reaction score
After Wednesday brands hatch meet I'm in two minds what to do either sell the twingo or get a megane engine dropped in for some extra get up and go does anyone know/recommend a garage in the southeast that could take on the job and do it well ;)

Phone Mike @ MWM in staines, Steve @ SC Auto's, 519 Automotive.

i know that they all do this kind of stuff, steve @ sc auto's has already done a 250 lump into his twingo and has done this for a few other twingo's (ironically, they're not on here)

AndyRG also is renowned for turbo conversions, although he is up north if i recall. this transplant is pretty straight forward, the only complication and it's a small one is in the gearbox mount but that can be got around easily. same usual mounting points bar the gearbox mount as the gearbox in the megane was a little bit bigger than the usual JC5. Going for an 230 megane lump is realistic, a 260 F4R and transmission will cost you the price of a twingo alone :) the 230 also comes with an LSD as standard!

Like the sound of the 230 just right thanks again Oscar I will give them a call

just to make you aware of the costs involved though, i hope you're aware that the engine and gearbox + auxilliaries alone are going to run you into the best part of 3 grand and tailor another 1.5-2 grand into the total cost for the labour involved.

however, i'd have to say it would be worth it because a twingo with a megane lump (280bhp easily after a remap alone) will be something to treasure for the rest of your life, no cars on the road could match that level of performance. tailor the ridiculous engine, power to weight ratio, LSD...all in with the best chassis on the road by far.... hmmmm i'd safely say that would get me as excited as any expensive super car ever could!

If you know anyone who can buy cat b cars id get one off copart auction site when one comes up. The car wont cost much and you could see everything else that comes with the car that's worth selling

That would be underwear destroying acceleration... Do it!

There's a bit of grinding and welding to do for the gearbox but the rest "should be" relatively plug and play.

The Clio engine would be easier I believe a 2.0 conversion has been done before that would be a laugh