Microsoft Surface

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly_GT

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on this? I would like one for my Christmas but unsure whether I should be putting it on my list ...

From what I've seen it looks excellent and should also note that I'm not really an Apple product fan, so suggesting I buy an iPad is not an option :lol:

I've not looked at it very much, but even with Windows 8's optimisation for tablets, I'd still be a bit nervous buying one. Not sure on the usability of Windows 8 (even though it is tablet optimised, they don't have a good history with cross-platform OSs really), or that you'll ever get OS upgrades.

Avoiding apple, have you looked at the Android tablets? The Nexus 7 is pretty awesome, as are the Samsung tablets. Google should also be releasing a 10" tablet to compliment the nexus 7 in the coming months.

Why don't you like apple products. Only spiting yourself by missing out on the worlds best tablet.

the windows 8 tablets are going to be excellent, microsoft have put certain requirements on them and if they dont meet those requirements they dont get the windows 8 logo and arent allowed to use it. Trust me you will be surprised just how good they are. Also the windows 8 tablets come with a free copy of office. I just hope developers get involved with the MS Store. If they do that then the potential for an Ipad beater is really there :D

Samsung have good tablets and the blackberry playbooks are very good as well and very cheap now.

I'm not a fan of windows 8 had a beta on my computer and wasn't very nice to use. Not glitchy and laggy just not a nice interface. Might be a different experience on a tablet though

I'm so pro Apple it hurtz and nothing has persuaded me to look elsewhere!! hahaha

HOWEVER said that the Surface looks like a very good bit of kit especially the Pro version, tho no pricing for that has been released yet I wouldn't be surprised it's still going to be less than the iPad. I'm certainly tempted by it, I'll wait for said pricing then make my decision.

If you don't have a desktop or laptop I'd say go for it, it certainly seems better than the Android equivalents.

MovingShadow":1cajc0i9 said:
N0ddie":1cajc0i9 said:
Why don't you like apple products. Only spiting yourself by missing out on the worlds best tablet.
:roll:
I hope you're joking

Nope. My none biased (I'm no brand whore) opinion is that the iPad is still leaps ahead of all other tablets.

N0ddie":3mfc795n said:

And this quote sums up why I don't like apple haha

Bones":1dam3504 said:
N0ddie":1dam3504 said:

What? They make the best tablet in the world?

maggi112":qlpxgatd said:
I don't think they do. Certainly not one I would find useful for anything productive plus I find iOS quite restrictive
It's restrictive unless you buy every other Apple product there is.

Come on guys don't let this degrade in Apple vs The World it's bad enough we have to deal with it elsewhere.

Can't discount THEE tablet of tablets. Seems silly through dislike of Apple.

It's like saying I don't drink red bull coz I don't like the red bull f1 team.

N0ddie":24yaoivh said:
Bones":24yaoivh said:
N0ddie":24yaoivh said:

What? They make the best tablet in the world?

The fact that there is 'nothing else to consider because the ipad exists so why bother' attitude is what I don't like.

Not disputing that Apple don't make great products, they do. I just don't like the whole, if apple don't want you to do it, you can't and apples way or no way stance. Like its been said, too restrictive

At least the Surface has a USB port which appears to work with hard drives and sticks. Something which put me off the i-pad which makes simple file swapping a bit of a pain with apples Wi-Fi... Hence keeping the laptop for traveling when a tab would be more convenient if it worked more like a laptop for funtionality

I haven't had and apples except the ones from my tree ;)

singlespeed":2ltak4kr said:
At least the Surface has a USB port which appears to work with hard drives and sticks. Something which put me off the i-pad which makes simple file swapping a bit of a pain with apples Wi-Fi... Hence keeping the laptop for traveling when a tab would be more convenient if it worked more like a laptop for funtionality

Apple sell an adapter for the iPad that takes memory cards and USB. Got one for ours.

N0ddie":2g1820tg said:
singlespeed":2g1820tg said:

Apple sell an adapter for the iPad that takes memory cards and USB. Got one for ours.

Ye, something you have to pay extra for just to have the ability to use such a common feature.

Tbf you can see why apple are the most valuable company in the world, they have all these adapters etc just so you can do standard things you'd expect to be able to do from the off, but the apple fan boys will still buy them and spend tonnes more cash

Bones":3pe8f5kf said:
N0ddie":3pe8f5kf said:
singlespeed":3pe8f5kf said:

Ye, something you have to pay extra for just to have the ability to use such a common feature.

Tbf you can see why apple are the most valuable company in the world, they have all these adapters etc just so you can do standard things you'd expect to be able to do from the off, but the apple fan boys will still buy them and spend tonnes more cash

I got mine for nothing ;)

I ain't no fanboy. I just know what's best. :D