MOT problems?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0ddie

Reaction score
I've had a quick look through the forum to see what issues usually arise for the 133s during MOTs. Tbh, I cant find many (Which is good). The only one that springs to mind is the guy that had his fail on emissions a few times.

Any other issues that I should perhaps worry about?

Had your front suspension lower ball joints checked? Iirc that's a fail if they've split, and worth getting Renault to fix under warranty.

Tbh the drivers side didnt look its best when I had the front wheel off today.

How much we looking at to replace those if they are gone?

Can't remember exactly how much but Renault change the complete lower arm to replace the joint so they're not cheap. (Seem to remember a pic being posted by James of an invoice cost around 450 for a pair)

There have been a couple of examples of Renault paying for them on out of warranty 133s but probably best to get it noted at a Renault dealer sooner so that it'll be covered hassle free for sure!

Well she passed her first MOT this morning. Only 2 advisories were the 2 front tyres getting close to their legal limit on the inside edges.

Had it serviced at the same time so filters, oil and new plugs etc and have to say, the car feels a lot quicker. Revs much better and pick up is a lot better. I'm putting this down to the new plugs?