MOT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the whole lot of brake line on the back the flex and the copper is being change and it's £300 including the test and iv still got to put the standard exhust on so I'm going to be selling my full ktec system I'm not taking it of to put it back on :x

the exhaust front box is just that, a front box silencer. The cat is the collector on the end of the 4-1 exhaust manifold and has a lambda probe fitted to the inlet and outles sides of the cat (yes the inlet one is almost hidded unless the undertray os off).

There is a complaints procedure for mot failures and the missing cat is a likely candidate for an official candidate unless your manifold has been off and modified.

Brake lines and hose fittings should be free from corrosion but, unless the pipes are pitted, a quick rub with a wire brush and a layer of waxoil would likely be suitable unless theres been advisory notices on previous mot's. If this is a first mot, i think its strange to need new lines.

I no the cats there I went there an showed them the cat an they din't have a clue that's a Renault man as well an somehow one side of the lines has a kink and the offer side has rubbed on ther exhust clamp so a bit of my own falt there snot get me wrong I love the car and I'm looking at getting a 200 in June so I'm not put off lol

Dazza1":19ump4s7 said:
So basically Neil there havin him on about the cat issue??
An yeah there dump lol they think that the first silencer is a cat and the cat is a pre cat iv never seen a pre cat on a na engine lol

Just a update still no news on my twing still in Renault so I think it's time for Renault uk to get involed

louis":1885ct60 said:
Just a update still no news on my twing still in Renault so I think it's time for Renault uk to get involed
So it's taken them over a week to sort a couple of brake lines and solve the mistery of the missing cat :(
3664926567_bedbf11ddf.jpg

No twingo rs should have rotten brake pipes. That's one thing the French are good at lol.
As for the cat I would have done an emmsisons test first and if it passed then advised that the cat may be missing. As you can never be 100% pass and advise