moved from the twingo side

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDrew

Reaction score
Howdy all. Hope things are chirpy as ever.

I've not been on much recently, but sadly I've now moved on from the 133. In the last few months I've changed career, bought a house & moved, and most recently; changed the twingo.

After many happy years of ownership I was a little sad to see it go, but it was really not suited to my new commute & usage; so this is introducing the new german wagon

LAOVLO8.jpg

See man driving a German whip, best of luck with your new career and car, do you miss your twingo?

Nice looking motor and sounds like you've been busy bud, stick around though ;)

I'm not going to go anywhere just yet :)

The car switch only happened on Friday, so not had time to miss the 133 yet.

does it have a full service history, and i'm guessing being an E87 it's going to be out of warranty or approaching the last few months assuming it's an 11 plate? a few things to watch out for, i've done at least 10 of these E87's timing chains prematurely(well it's not fair to say it's just the E87, it goes for all the 1 and 3 series which share the same engines) over the past 6 months they are stinkers for timing chain problems.

have a little read over the link below (you probably have already). not quite as bad as audi's or peugeots in terms of known common failures, although BMW don't quite have the reputation they once have. they look lovely, but their engines are absolute junk! i hope you've got yourself the one that works, do you plan on keeping it long?

https://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42653

@ Oscar, it's a F20 :). Great car, well build, with good quality materials. My dad had a 125i and 135i both F20's, and both were great cars to drive. And as boring as it might sound, the automatic gearbox in these cars is just amazing. I've driven quite a few cars, but the box in the BMW just blew me away.

@ Drew; What engine is in it, and manual or auto? :)

Too bad you went to the light side with your BMW and gave up on the 133 :D
My brother and also a colleague had the same as a company car for a while and it isn't that spacious on the inside. Think even a Wind or 133 has more leg space than the 1 series.

Peter":37m0vu9q said:
@ Oscar, it's a F20 :). Great car, well build, with good quality materials. My dad had a 125i and 135i both F20's, and both were great cars to drive. And as boring as it might sound, the automatic gearbox in these cars is just amazing. I've driven quite a few cars, but the box in the BMW just blew me away.

@ Drew; What engine is in it, and manual or auto? :)
Looks like the diesel engine has been caried forwards into the newer model, so Oscars comment is still valid (if its a smog monster under the bonnet)

BMW fitted the timing chain at the back of the engine, basicaly making it a non service item, as its a major strip down to replace it. And, it definately looks like they aren't lasting for ever as originally intended.

It is indeed an f20. Still very new so have plenty of warranty left over on it.

@peter it is a manual oil burner, but have gone for the less conventional engine size.

@ms there's plenty of space inside. The Old model was a bit tighter, but the new model is spacious enough for me. I'm 6ft5 so am used to testing cars for space, and being in my normal perfectly comfortable position up front I can (just) sit behind in the back.