moving on!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
hey, i have owned my Twingo RS non cup for almost 3 years now. i am now looking at something new, and fresh. dont get me wrong, i love my twingo. it is on a fianace deal, so i dont want to own it after the deal is up. im happy to send it back to renault and get a new car.

now i would really love the Megane RS, but if i am being honest its probably out of my league(money Terms). unless i can find a deal where i can pay anywhere near close to what i am paying now per month.

next option is the Clio RS Cup.
alot of people say i would be disapointed with the Clio, but surely i wont be. it must be a better car than the Twingo? im not taking any form of dig at the Twingo, im just going by the cost of both cars and the spec of both cars!

any assistance would be great!
Thanks
Gordy

There completely different cars.

Ive heard many sorrys people with 250s that prefer the 133 over the 200 as they say its more fun. Not as fast but you dont expect a 1.6 to be as fast as a 200 but makes them smile alot more then the 200.

Prople with the 200 is the weight that i fell makes the 133 more fun.

I moved from a 200 to a 133. The 200 is an excellent car, really is. I've put a thread somewhere about the differences I found. It's kinda hard to compare them though. The 200 handles a bit better I found, but it's just 'different'. The 133 feels more like it's getting 'chucked' round the corners where as the 200 is just more controlled.

I doubt very much you'd get a 250 for the same a month as a 133 (hence why I dont own a 250..yet :lol:)

I've not driven a 200, but from what I hear they're great cars. Don't forget that the 200 will be much higher on both tax and insurance than a 133 though. (IIRC they're group 16 (old style groups) on insurance and its in the £245 per year tax band)

Best way to find out if you'll be disappointed, give it a go! Take your twingo for a good test-drive route near a garage, then take a 200 out on a test drive round the same route. Most things like this could well come down to your own subjective opinion.

Also don't forget to consider the servicing and fuel! I actually looked at a 200 and although insurance pretty much ruled it out, even without that I would not like to swallow the town average owners report! 18-24 town mpg seems representative compared to realistic 35-40 in a 133.

I would look at a used 197 cup as it's prettier IMO :)

Bones":2s1l0yls said:
I moved from a 200 to a 133. The 200 is an excellent car, really is. I've put a thread somewhere about the differences I found. It's kinda hard to compare them though. The 200 handles a bit better I found, but it's just 'different'. The 133 feels more like it's getting 'chucked' round the corners where as the 200 is just more controlled.

I doubt very much you'd get a 250 for the same a month as a 133 (hence why I dont own a 250..yet :lol:)

general-twingo-renaultsport/200-133-t1302.html?hilit=200%20133

maggi112":36n0wx2u said:
I would look at a used 197 cup as it's prettier IMO :)

+1

I prefer the styling of the 197 to the 200 too

1st year service on my 200 was about £220 with the dealers. Fuel consumption figures mentioned above are pretty much spot on. My insurance has gone from about £900 to about £400 too!

i am lookin in to all these comments, and reasearching previous clio posts etc. i may have over egged my finance deal a wee bit! lol. it ends in july next year! Gutted. what could a dealer do if i went to him and said i am really wanting to move on to a different car at this stage of my hire purchase deal?

thanks

Well I'd guess your past breaking point in the finance paid/settlement figure area, just go in, see how they value your car, how much it'd cover on existing finance etc then take it from there? Just blag their heads!

I had a 2010 Clio which I got in June last year, hated it so went and changed it to the Twingo, 9 months later. My auntie changed her car on finance after 7 months! I'm sure if you go back to the same dealership they are more than willing to help you get what you want!

It depends on the actual finance deal... If it's a two year PCP plan then you can break out of it after one year (1/2 way...). They will value your car based on mileage, condition, etc and then can offer to trade it in for another car and "top up" your finance.

Doing it this way, you'll probably lose more money. If it's something you really want to do though, what difference does it make? :)

Go to your dealer and ask them for some figures.

I changed my megane after five months of a five year finance term. The dealership did me a bloody good deal.

Gordy
If you want a test of a Gordini 133 cup for size and feel, drop me a PM as I'm not far away and should be free over the next few days. I was dead set on an RS133 cup untill I sat in it and wasn't impressed with the interior.

Neil.

Hey guys! I'm going to my local Renault dealers tomorrow to get some info and maybe a good deal! Lol. And hopefully a test drive! I'm not going to rush this! But I do want to move on. Just worried that they will bring out a nee clio once I get mine!

How easy is it to get a liquid yellow Clio rs cup! I want!!!! Lol.
Ta

Lordyb":2qhspfpt said:
Hey guys! I'm going to my local Renault dealers tomorrow to get some info and maybe a good deal! Lol. And hopefully a test drive! I'm not going to rush this! But I do want to move on. Just worried that they will bring out a nee clio once I get mine!

How easy is it to get a liquid yellow Clio rs cup! I want!!!! Lol.
Ta

We have a LY 200 on the forecourt