mr2

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo_21

Reaction score
Hey people i have a h reg mr2 rolling shell that i bought 2 years ago which was going to do up as a project car but then i went and bought the twingo. I have both the orginal engine 3sfe it came with and gearbox also a 2 litre turbo which i bought hoping to put in it. Is there anyone on here or know anyone that would like a project car/ banger race car obviously free of charge for everything but just want out of the way? It has got rust in front storage compartment but if racing could do a cheap easy weld and also one of the sills as this is a common problem.
Many thanks
James

i will ask my dad because he says he wants something to play with, also have a transporter to fetch it as well, not definite at the moment but will let u know

thanks for the quick reply as i said just want to get rid of it its up on stands at the moment so i just need to put wheels etc back on and engines and gearbox out so case of just lifting on shell is good apart from the 2 rust places i said about. Its all stripped as was going to build track car then run out of funds.

Fensport used to be very usefull for MR2 parts. MR2OC has loads of info for engine transplants if going for the 3S-GTE

Get used to remembering the chassis number as there was several changes between the coupe and GT, early and late suspension modifications. The early chassis with 14" wheels can be better handling, but certainly bite if your not concentrating. Later chassis with 15" wheels had suspension tweeks to reduce the number of cars ending up in hedges.

Suspension bushes weren't available from Toyota, but whole arms were. Polly bushes were easy to fit all round and Koni inserts with Eibach springs made for quite a good ride.

Look after the radiator and bumpers, as they are rather expensive. I had an early car and it bit a few times
JT163SW2000016464 owned from 95-98

as i said its a rolling shell that someone wanted to get rid of as failed mot so got cheap as a project car and on stripping found rad leaking also so was going to get a new one can get for max £100 of net. All suspension etc is off so got to bolt back on but its a shell for free with everything else i stripped out basically inside the car but was taking everything off to make it lightweight and obviously do conversion.

singlespeed":jq24l7ou said:
MR2OC has loads of info for engine transplants

And they also have a for sale section on thier web site :)

ive had a chat with my dad mate, no go im afraid, bit too much work for him, sorry about that