My custom exhaust vs K-tec system ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
first this ....

You do what you what with this information , i am not bad mouthing at K-tec they make good products for our Twingo's (and i am happy they do) cause else you have to go the custom route all the way ,but these are just tests with my car and another persons car on the "same dyno" from the same company

So i was strolling on the internet and i stumbled on this from my tuner a Stage 2 package for the Twingo RS (full k-tec exhaust system)
they also made a video (regular twingo 133 with just the full k-tec exhaust system)

[youtube]KARBJYjyAEw[/youtube]

so this is mine (when my exhaust was already fitted so i do not know what i had as stock value HP)
3506.jpg

renaulttwingors16i16v13.jpg

Original = P Lu.(mBar) 1023.2 | T Lu.(°C) 17.9 | DIN 0.987 | 132.3PK@6514rpm / 166.2Nm@ 4173rpm
98 Oct = P Lu.(mBar) 1021.2 | T Lu.(°C) 22.9 | DIN 0.997 | 144.0PK@6717rpm /179.4Nm@ 4301rpm

i do not have a full exhaust system mine is custom made with 1 silencer removed and changed the backbox i still have the original manifold and cat

Black RS = +24 HP dyno test on stock->then full ktec exhaust fitted-> remap at the dyno

Dini RS = +12 HP with exhaust fitted before dyno test and after they have done a remap

so does this mean

1) i am a lucky owner to have not lost allot of horsepower when i bought the vehicle out of the factory and thats why i got these numbers

2) my exhaust builder knew what he is doing and made a fine piece of stainless steel under my car

3) i can maybe get even more HP with the ktec exhaust system ?

anyone got more of a brighter explanation for this or would it all in the end be both dyno's are different after all as the "easy explanation"

there will be a difference in the dynometer readings, as to how much exactly ... cannot be discussed right now, but knowing what gains can be had with the ktec exhaust + panel filter (i think we all know the realistic gains) you could expect upto 15bhp or 18bhp at an absolute maximum with a remap. i am only going on the assumption that by full ktec system you meat ktec manifold all the way to the backbox!?!? we all know the numbers that a catback system + remap gives, assuming the car was well maintained and was already at the 130 bhp mark or thereabouts.

as a rule of thumb a good exhaust system matched to flow will gain you 10% maximum of your engines power in N/A form. 10% of 133 is 13.3, so 12bhp increase in your dini seems about spot on. i think it's fair to say we all know ktecs figures have always been a bit iffy, but they still as a whole do good work and regardless of my oppinions on them.

Without it being the same rollers and simillar test conditions, theres not much point in trying to make a comparisson. So, the actual numbers are rather meaningless between the black one and yours.

Look at the difference between the pre work and post work lines and work out a percentage gain... If the reading was low (or high) to start with, it will probably be low (or high) on the second run, but the percentage gain will be worth looking at and can be a usefull comparisson

Power differences
Dini - 144/132.3=1.088 8.8%
Black -145/123=1.1788 17.88%

Torque differences
Dini - 179.4/166.2=1.0794 7.94%
Black -182/152=1.197 19.7%

singlespeed":vjfd5bet said:
Power differences
Dini - 144/132.3=1.088 8.8%
Black -145/123=1.1788 17.88%

Torque differences
Dini - 179.4/166.2=1.0794 7.94%
Black -182/152=1.197 19.7%

but yeah the differences you mention was with the STOCK performance without any parts on before going on the rollers

the black one was on the rollers without any parts to get it bone stock on the rollers to see what it does and then afterwards add the exhaust system + a remap

my car was first on the rollers with the new exhaust already installed .... and after that then a remap was done

so i never knew what horsepower my car made without any upgrades done to it ...