My little Rosie Rocket

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgonzalez

Reaction score
Hi all so I thought I would start a new thread now I have a new car, here is Rosie Rocket, a 2012 Capsicum Red Twingo 133. It has the cup chassis/suspension option box ticked with 10,200 miles on the clock when I picked her up.

Here she is on the forecourt when I went to pick her up, notice my old clio in the back which got traded in as part ex.
2ubazedu.jpg

I have some ideas of what I want to do with it modification wise, and already have a few of small items coming through to post this week, I will keep this updated as they come. Also the clio 3 wind deflectors fit on the twingo, so I took my old ones and put them on :)

For now I'll leave you a couple more pics that I took round a friends house the other night

8uduhyvu.jpg

uduge2er.jpg

Any comments or ideas are welcome :)

Lewis

the facelift 133 is so much fatter looking, it's actually so strange how i hated it when it came out yet now i much prefer that style 133 by a mile! super aggressive looking, like a little chunky bulldog :D

Ooooh pretty. I do think that a black stripe along the joins on the arches would look rather nice on the facelift 133's

Yeah a lot of people say they don't like the front fogs...but I love the way it looks.

Also Dubz...what do you mean I can't picture it :-/ divvy moment lol

First upgrade on Rosie was fitted today, it's not much but here goes... Purchased a set of Hel braided brake lines from Kam Racing in the translucent red colour option. Must say very pleased with them, brake pedal seems to be more responsive and the fitment is perfect.

Front before
u6aby9yn.jpg

Front after
e7e6uqu5.jpg

Rear before
e3e4ygud.jpg

Rear after
y4e6ubu3.jpg

Yes very easy, well I'm a mechanic at Renault so should be lol. Honestly though joking aside, only need 3 spanners, 9mm, 11mm, 14mm. 11 and 14 for the hoses themselves, and use the 9 and 11 for bleed nipples. Only thing to be careful of is making sure you done cross thread anything as they are quite a fine thread.

really strange nether notice that on mine oO (and i spent quite some time under the car)
(maybe it's not yellow on mine)

gtsteve":pcuu088c said:
love this.
Thanks Steve :)
mazmaz":pcuu088c said:
really strange nether notice that on mine oO (and i spent quite some time under the car)
(maybe it's not yellow on mine)
Maybe it's not yellow on yours, I was under a phase 1 gt at work today and noticed it was orange on that. Either that or its really dirty what with it being exposed to the road dirt (I did clean mine a little to make for a slightly better picture haha)

Just a small update, a fairly standard upgrade went into Rosie's engine bay a couple of weeks ago in the form one one of these bad boys...
da9yve6y.jpg

I must say, noise wise, not too different from just having the standard filter in the box with the bung out of the side (first thing I did when I got her was to pull that thing out) but has definitely improved the way it picks up from lower down the rpm range, don't get me wrong not by massive amounts but is noticeable.

On a side note...I noticed that coming off the airbox down into the n/s/f wheel arch almost is something that looks like another mini airbox...anyone know what that's all about and what's it purpose?

lgonzalez":1pfpnwad said:
Just a small update, a fairly standard upgrade went into Rosie's engine bay a couple of weeks ago in the form one one of these bad boys...
da9yve6y.jpg

I must say, noise wise, not too different from just having the standard filter in the box with the bung out of the side (first thing I did when I got her was to pull that thing out) but has definitely improved the way it picks up from lower down the rpm range, don't get me wrong not by massive amounts but is noticeable.

On a side note...I noticed that coming off the airbox down into the n/s/f wheel arch almost is something that looks like another mini airbox...anyone know what that's all about and what's it purpose?
its the resonator box mate, a lot of people have taken them out, mines out but no difference

So this arrived yesterday courtesy of madmatt (thanks once again buddy)

6860c1f98c3f498c2b131fc75959f994.jpg
c5051c0a141e72b54209a265c67f63ee.jpg
c52e91a55126bb91fc1ac83d1570107f.jpg

Got in on tonight

47a10344f1bfb79a6d652214b8636f20.jpg

Love it :)

lgonzalez":wrn1p2dl said:
So this arrived yesterday courtesy of madmatt (thanks once again buddy)

6860c1f98c3f498c2b131fc75959f994.jpg
c5051c0a141e72b54209a265c67f63ee.jpg
c52e91a55126bb91fc1ac83d1570107f.jpg

Got in on tonight

47a10344f1bfb79a6d652214b8636f20.jpg

Love it :)

It looks massive :)
Video, or it didn't happen!!!

I have a vid but need to try and upload it somehow...YouTube and copy link??

And it is a gain size lol although I don't think stupid big haha

It's not a super jap cannon, it's a suitable Jap cannon :)
3.5" tail I think. Just looks bigger on camera ;)

The pipe diameter is 2" all the way through as well with no silencers so gives a nice weight reduction :)