My Renaults

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DCi with RS bumper and grille, which I still use as my daily biff-about

Attachments

• clio dci.JPG
    clio dci.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 570
Like them all, but the twingo looks especially good, red is such a good colour for them! :cool:

Lol! They're 18" Momo's and it was lowered! I bought it like that (it was in exceptional condition with very low mileage) and the plan was to put it back to standard, but never could find all the bits at a reasonable price, so sold it on. Shame, could have been an excellent car, but drove terrible as it was. I kid you not, you could not fit your finger between the tyre and the arch at the front, I'm not quite sure how the wheels turned!

Okay, a bit of an update on my 133. I've had the grille vinyled matte black, the trim have been resprayed in gloss black, and I now have a cup spoiler (oh, and a BMC filter, but you can't see that). Still undecided about the square plate, but leaving it on while I make a decision.

Attachments

• CIMG1660.JPG
    CIMG1660.JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 375
That looks mint mate.

Love the cup spoiler. But I think I prefer the standard reg plate over the square one. Square plates are for the back of jap imports and bikes IMO.

black and red is always a good colour combo.

dont know if i like or dislike plate, i think it just looks odd because different, but there is a few on here with square front plate

My mate had a square plate on his Swift Sport and he got pulled over. He was made to change it back because apparently it HAS to be an import to have one.

Na, I won't get pulled for my plate, it's fully UK legal as it's a UK standard 4x4 plate, not a Jap import-sized UK plate. I would prefer the Jap sized one as it's slightly smaller, but can't be bothered with the hassle of being pulled.
My thinking behind the plate was that as I'd had the grille vinyled, if I put on a normal plate it would virtually cover up all the vinyled bit... however, I'm not totally convinced it looks at good as the idea did in my head - but it does look better in real life than it does in the pics.
Black/carbon badges is a maybe, but defo not black wheels, I hate gloss black wheels. I like the colour they are.
Thanks for the compliments guys - it makes it all worthwhile ;)

Yea my mates one was the Jap size. To be honest he wouldn't normally have gotten pulled over for it but at the time they had absolutely nothing else to do.

What about matte black wheels? If you don't like gloss? Or do you just want to stay away from black wheels all together?

Yeah, I just like standard anthracite colour. Not keen on black wheels (only on a very select few models that had them from standard), they look like cheap aftermarket wheels, or like someone's had them repaired on the cheap IMO. But that's just me. I like your white wheels, wouldn't suit mine, but I like them on your blue car.