Need inspiration...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HigtonA

Reaction score
... For a new car.

Just wondering if your guys and girls have any suggestions for a new car, looking to upgrade fairly soon.

Was planning on getting Gareth's car but the running cost of it was just no fees-able for my income at the moment, pretty pissed off bout it.

I know alot may say Twingo RS but I am not looking to get one sorry. Any other suggestions will be great :)

Please be realistic

Andrew mate, Budget? Engine size? 2 seater ok? Soft top, hatch, coupe?

Twingo i-music :D ?

What about a megane coupe? I got one as a courtesy car and was just lovely! Only like £9-11k now for a fairly new one?

I knew I missed something out...

Budget - 9K (preferably cheaper)

Engine size - At least 1.4

Hatchback but something with fairly good boot space

Dont have a family to cart around but i would prefer 5 seater.

Cheapish Tax / Insurance

HigtonA":jdm67gii said:
waitey":jdm67gii said:
Mk7 fiesta zetec s?

That is a good shout, few of my friends said that, and it is growing on me... hmmm.

Or if you want something quicker why not the mk6 fiesta st, or go to the black side with a civic 2.2cdti that has a massive boot and has a good interior, mates mapped his and goes like the clappers!

Ibiza cupra, they are diesel now, leon fr.

Polo gti.

Civic type r or type s diesel.

Audi a3 s line.

Fiat 500 (slightly more than 9k) fiat bravo sporting (yes i did suggest this) punto abarth.

Astra vxr, corsa vxr (running costs similar to st though)

Mazda mx5, vauxhall vx220.

Alfa romeo GT, alfa 159.

Theres the obvious renaults, megane 225, 175 diesel, clio 197 etc.

Bmw 1 series.

Mike_Robo":18uxw6bf said:
I've been looking at The Seat Ibiza Bocanegras and Cupras 1.4 supercharged, same engine as the Polo.. 180bhp and 40mpg :)
These are twin-charged ;-) supercharger for low rpm then larger turbo for high rpm boosting! Don't look like much fun to work on mind!!