New brakes

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubz

Reaction score
So after a nice trip to the Greenman Festival in Wales for a few days with my friends, in my car I now have a nice massive scrap on my front discs. I knew the pads were on the way out but after having them looked at 2 months ago the pads were "60%" worn.

I now need new discs and pads for the fronts :( If I were to go non oem or oem equivalent would I have to talk to my insurance about them?

Also what discs and pads should I go for? As I want a bit more bite than the standards.

Would I have to tell insurance about uprated pads? I'm not sure about it.

There doesn't seem to be much choice on pads.

I doubt I'll need that much braking power in my little 1.2 16v i-music :p

All I can find for uprated brake pads were Black Diamond, EBC Greenstuff and EBC Ultimax.

Any idea about which one is better?

i had on my prev. car ebc greenstuff with ultimax.
braking was better than standard but after 10min of normal driving they started whisteling while breaking gently.
think because of the grooved ultimax

i've got Brembo pads on mine currently & a set of Brembo discs awaiting fitting as the discs are almost worn!

I think they're pretty decent and paid £30ish for the pads.

Guys remember this is for a I-music, 1.2 16v not a gt or rs. I don't know whether the brakes on dubz's car is the same as the gt. Someone with knowledge on twingos may know if they are or not though.

Friedchicken91":2ndtv5y0 said:
Guys remember this is for a I-music, 1.2 16v not a gt or rs. I don't know whether the brakes on dubz's car is the same as the gt. Someone with knowledge on twingos may know if they are or not though.

Which is why I said keep standard discs and uprate the pads as that'll be sufficient enough for it as the pads would make the biggest improvement, and I think it 'might' be the exact same setup of the GT

The Brembo pads & discs for the twingo 1.2 (all models inc GT) are the same.. its the 133's that are different.

as waitey has said, the upgraded pads should be effiecient enough.

Beany-08GT":3ndiuooz said:
The Brembo pads & discs for the twingo 1.2 (all models inc GT) are the same.. its the 133's that are different.

as waitey has said, the upgraded pads should be effiecient enough.

As I thought! Which means you will have more of an option as non RS Clio brakes are the same I also believe ;)

Just got quoted £283.58 for genuine Renault parts... Ouch!

And also £116.26 for oe equivalent...

Does Karl still do discounts for us? If so what's the number as I can't find it.

Phone Adam at renault wolverhampton on 01902 439211
Cheap as chips I get all my genuine parts from him. Give him your reg and he'll find anything you need

Dubz":227rjhrv said:
Just got quoted £283.58 for genuine Renault parts... Ouch!

And also £116.26 for oe equivalent...

Does Karl still do discounts for us? If so what's the number as I can't find it.
Yeah he does and gives a 20% discount I think still, his number should be in the SMC renault traders area.

KAM racing also sell discs and pads well priced

waitey":12kd8stb said:
KAM racing also sell discs and pads well priced

I got mine from there, £50 for both pads and discs, decent price, fitting was a piece of p*ss

markhardy":2mqtre01 said:
Did you try Adam as well?

No I didn't as £55.76 was the trade rate for the genuine discs and pads so all renault dealers would have that price as a minimum.

I'm also checked fitting prices around and everyone was £60-70 :( so even if I could have saved £10-20 on the pads and discs it would have still cost the same overall.