new chap with a question

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patch

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just purchased my 133 and its great fun. I have noticed though that it is missing the rubber bung from the airbox. Does anybody have any idea where I can get hold of one of these without buying the entire box? I think I've exhausted all options on the net, cheers.

Ask around people remove them as they think it makes a better sound, post in the wanted section here I'm sure someone will offer one

Welcome mate! Don`t know if it`s any help but go on Ebay and look for items 181727177306, 271845496159 and 131486687220. They are three RS`s that are being broken for spares.

Welcome, you could just put a bit of duct tape over it.

Thanks for the welcome and getting back to me, not had huge amount of joy with the brokers so tape is a good shout.

While I'm asking any advice on which panel filter is a good choice for helping the car breath better and rev more freely?

Having come from an ep3 power is down but I really enjoy the characteristics and handling of the car, plus I have my MR200 for nice weather days, has anybody on here upgraded to the ktec 163 kit? Any reviews?

Also while I'm on one, does anybody else suffer from kangaroo syndrome when setting off from cold?

Looking forward to getting to know the car as I've only had it a week now, cheers.

patch":3uaw680n said:
Thanks for the welcome and getting back to me, not had huge amount of joy with the brokers so tape is a good shout.

While I'm asking any advice on which panel filter is a good choice for helping the car breath better and rev more freely?

Having come from an ep3 power is down but I really enjoy the characteristics and handling of the car, plus I have my MR200 for nice weather days, has anybody on here upgraded to the ktec 163 kit? Any reviews?

Also while I'm on one, does anybody else suffer from kangaroo syndrome when setting off from cold?

Looking forward to getting to know the car as I've only had it a week now, cheers.
Tape will do the same job but isn't as "pretty"
Bmc filters seem to be a good shout from what I've read. I had a ktec but wasn't too impressed with it personally.
Think one or two people have the 163 kit but can't remember who. Try having a read of this.
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/k-tec-renault-twingo-163-driven/28441
Kangarooing when cold is a common problem. Easily removed with a remap or there is a ecu update at renault which is cheaper than a remap. If this interests you ask on the Twingo133.net Facebook group as a couple of regulars on there have had it and are impressed by the improvement.
If your liking it after a week you'll love it after a few months and testing its capabilities when it comes to corners.

I've got to ask why you're trying to find a bung to fill the holes whilst also looking for a panel filter to help the car breathe better - removing the bung is the first step in that.

Aside from that, best of luck with the car, I'm sure you're only continue falling in love!

Cheers for that chicken I'll check it out, I'd seen that on pistonheads but wanted to see what people thought on here.

Twins go":3dxuuq3q said:
I've got to ask why you're trying to find a bung to fill the holes whilst also looking for a panel filter to help the car breathe better - removing the bung is the first step in that.

Aside from that, best of luck with the car, I'm sure you're only continue falling in love!

Its also going to be sucking in hot air, I know its marginal but I was after a sealed box with a quality panel filter, although the bung removal does give a nice sound in low revs.