New Exhaust

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
Got a cat back system fitted on my GT on Saturday, custom made powerflow system.
IMG_1841_zpsa058f9e4.jpg

IMG_1840_zpsd3bb3eb4.jpg

IMG_1837_zpsa89b328d.jpg

IMG_1838_zpse93289d4.jpg

IMG_1839_zps5edcd0f1.jpg

Picture Quality isn't the best but it was dark when I took the pics

P.S Sorry my car is so dirty haha

I've got mine booked in on the 17th with Unique Exhaust who are a Powerflow agent, looking at the same design (twin tails) plus I'm having a 200 CEL cat fitted along with a post cat anti fowler to prevent any EML's as the standard 1.2 system needs pre and post cat O2 sensors fitting. What's the sound like?

I just decided on the cat back system as it was what I was after. The sound is great has a really nice tone through the rev range, not to loud so it draws a lot of attention though. Will try put a video up tomorrow. Mine was £265 fully fitted.

alex12fowler":3867ui43 said:
I just decided on the cat back system as it was what I was after. The sound is great has a really nice tone through the rev range, not to loud so it draws a lot of attention though. Will try put a video up tomorrow. Mine was £265 fully fitted.
That was one of the first question they asked me - how loud, going for similar to you but will accept a bit of volume up at the high rev end, as for the price £240 all in including fitting the cat (I brought that seperately at a cost of £135, it's E stamped) & 2 sensors, that's based on 45 - 50 mm bore tube with twin 50mm's out the back.

I was going to get a smaller backbox, glad I didn't now would of been louder than I wanted. They are good prices compared to ktec systems

alex12fowler":1x4yz4kx said:
I was going to get a smaller backbox, glad I didn't now would of been louder than I wanted. They are good prices compared to ktec systems
I'll keep that in mind - the larger box, yep the price is very good but will pass judgement once completed. ;) My previous car had one made by Blueflame, loved the sound and quality, but they don't do custom exhausts any more - stopped just before Christmas. :roll:

Spitfire1":1paiosk1 said:
I've got mine booked in on the 17th with Unique Exhaust who are a Powerflow agent, looking at the same design (twin tails) plus I'm having a 200 CEL cat fitted along with a post cat anti fowler to prevent any EML's as the standard 1.2 system needs pre and post cat O2 sensors fitting. What's the sound like?

How much did they quote?

The CAT is part of the manifold so it's quite a hefty job to do all that.

waitey":dgg4huww said:
Spitfire1":dgg4huww said:

How much did they quote?

It's not attached to the manifold on the 1.2 16v
https://www.twingo133.net/post159871.html#p159871

very nice twin pipe man, glad you didn't opt for the usual ktec route. it's nice to be different and not follow the trend!!

Dubz":tg1z5u4n said:
waitey":tg1z5u4n said:
Spitfire1":tg1z5u4n said:

How much did they quote?

It's not attached to the manifold on the 1.2 16v
https://www.twingo133.net/post159871.html#p159871
My bad I thought he owned a GT

exhaust_manifold.png

on the gt and clio tce's the catalytic converter is internally part of the exhaust manifold as above. but is in place for a reason. being a modern turbocharged engine, to meet the strict HC & NOx emissions regulations the catalytic converter has to be placed in the optimum position and will be most efficient at a certain temperature between 5-800 *C (although i can't quite remember the exact figures off the top of my head). the reason why it appears to be much closer to the engine is because it has to pass through the turbocharger first, which in turn cools the exhaust gasses much quicker than normal therefore needs to be closer to meet it's optimum operating temperature range to keep your road taxes down nice and low! :D