New head unit not retaining memory

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkc89

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post however I've been nosing through threads on this site for a while. I own a 58 plate Twingo Dynamique which came with the horrible renault spec stereo. Got rid of that today, however the replacement model (Pioneer DEH-1300MP) doesnt seem to retain any settings; after I setup the radio station presets and sound profiles it gets set back to default once I turn car off and back on. I did require a hand with installing this and the guy at halfords had to connect the yellow (live) wire back into something and the only thing disconnected is a yellow connector block which I think is for the steering control stalker; this will be cured once I recieve delivery of the adaptor parts.

So cut a long story short can anyone help and advise if I need to connct a lead in a different slot; I was thinking it's to do with the yellow wire being connected in the wrong slot? But then thought if that was the case it would not power on at all?

Please help an audio noob out.

Regards

Josh

They need a live feed, and a constant 12v feed don't they? It could be the constant feed is sourced from a live feed and therefore it's reset each time.

I seem to recall this on my old car, they were the opposite way to pretty much everyrhing I swapped them and it worked

maggi112":2mhsdpk4 said:
They need a live feed, and a constant 12v feed don't they? It could be the constant feed is sourced from a live feed and therefore it's reset each time.

I seem to recall this on my old car, they were the opposite way to pretty much everyrhing I swapped them and it worked
correct, you need to swap two wires around but can't remember which ones sorry. I think it's the live feed and ignition wire but don't hold me to it as its been a while since I done it.

Red and yellow leads swapping round. If its red to red then make it red to yellow. Or if its red to yellow, make it red to red

Friedchicken91":19nazekk said:
maggi112":19nazekk said:

correct, you need to swap two wires around but can't remember which ones sorry. I think it's the live feed and ignition wire but don't hold me to it as its been a while since I done it.

Hi Chaps,

Appreciate the response. I'll try that guys; looking in the manual and it does state that on some vehicles the constant feed wire (yellow) and the ignition one (red) need to connect to either the matching colour wire or switch the other way around. I suppose it's just one of those times when you've got to you suck it and see in order to know which round it should actually be! I can't remember off the top of my head which way they are but I'll check it out tomorrow and switch them the opposite way. Fingers crossed!

Thanks

Josh

I did think it was red and yellow. I think they have to be opposite to how you'd normally connect them but check by trial and error.

Friedchicken91":m5qf6dg1 said:
I did think it was red and yellow. I think they have to be opposite to how you'd normally connect them but check by trial and error.

Good news, the head unit now retains settings, radio stations etc. I opened her up and the wire layout was red to yellow so just switched them around so they matched in terms of colour and hey presto all is well.

Thanks all!