New K-Tec Manifold

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just dug out my invoice and power runs from K-TEC and it's slightly different to what I thought it was. I had the K and N kit fitted a few months after but not by K-TEC. Must have been TJ Paintshop in Elgin :S The 133 with a decat exhaust and panel filter produced 117 bhp before the remap and after produced 130 bhp. So a 13 bhp increase. That was all back in November 2010.

Just like to add that that was running on 95 and not 98 unleaded. I now run the car on Shell V-Power religiously.

James-Hilton":esvc6f3s said:
I've just dug out my invoice and power runs from K-TEC and it's slightly different to what I thought it was. I had the K and N kit fitted a few months after but not by K-TEC. Must have been TJ Paintshop in Elgin :S The 133 with a decat exhaust and panel filter produced 117 bhp before the remap and after produced 130 bhp. So a 13 bhp increase. That was all back in November 2010.
so that's actualy about 11% for you running 95 octane and filter, versus the 15% with the new system...

With 98+ octane, a slightly higher gain should be possible, from what Paul at RST was saying. So the results aren't too outlandish.

You won't get Vpower in Elgin anymore :(

I think it should be do-able. Look at Ghostz remap.

He got 144 bhp and he only changed the middle and back damper. Changing the manifold will definatly get you to 150.

71881_501286889894082_577037158_n.jpg

Huh... both lines don't start at the same point and RPM, and both lines don't stop at the same point either, so in term of comparison, well, that's just plain useless...

I'd be curious to get the KTec full exhaust and manifold and everything and get it over to the rolling road at BR Performance just to check their numbers, pretty sure we would get a bad surprise, but anyway...
I'll get my manifold in July and it will be fitted with a remap accordingly, so we'll see what we can squeeze out of the RS with a fully open exhaust and no cat at all...

The Golf in Elgin closed as well. Do the newer/end of the range model RS Twingo's produce more power? :S Mid Range there appears to be quite a good gain? Are you saying that because the RPM lines do not start at the same point there might be a lower reading rather than a gain down the rev range but they just don't show it?

James-Hilton":1kzgaot5 said:
Do the newer/end of the range model RS Twingo's produce more power? :S Mid Range there appears to be quite a good gain? Are you saying that because the RPM lines do not start at the same point there might be a lower reading rather than a gain down the rev range but they just don't show it?
I beleive the power has been the same from the RS133 going on sale untill now... I'm not 100% but the engine and management etc has remained unchanged.

It's possible that the power below the shown range drops off sharply but that would just be a guess... Although i got a good increase at this point so.
Post remap, the top end of the rev range is higher as the limitter has been moved back and the standard map won't go to 7200

The new system is still being developed, as it's a bit loud. So the graph may well change before this goes on sale.

I just fitted my KTR downpipe... even with standard manicat that's annoyingly loud. wonder how that will sound with sportscat or even no cat at all...

i d'ont think changing the original manifold catalysed by another manifold also catalysed will guive some good increase in power

if you want real change you muste remove the cat and remap to adapt
also it will probably shift the max poxer at higher rpm and deacrease power at lower

mazmaz":23c01q9i said:
i d'ont think changing the original manifold catalysed by another manifold also catalysed will guive some good increase in power

if you want real change you muste remove the cat and remap to adapt
also it will probably shift the max poxer at higher rpm and deacrease power at lower
the new Ktec manifold is a proper 4-1 design, with a merge collector, unlike the Renault original which has the 4 primies welded onto the end of a tin can. Without knowing the changes to primary length and diameter, it would be difficult to say if the power would be gained higher or lower in the rev range.

The difference between a high dencity Cat which has to fit into a small space and a metal substrate sports Cat with less space requirements (the Cat looks to be in the front pipe ) would overcome some of the compromises of the original.

Well, looks pretty cool, but then you need a Cat on the downpipe, and lambda supports too, but I can't see them here?

when K-tec plans to put it on sale?

I am only interested manifold, I have 63mm line Bastuck

After chatting with David from K-Tec, whilst at FCS, he confirmed that the exhaust was developed by Janspeed.

The exhhaust is curently off the car, back at Janspeed for jigs to be made, allowing production to start fairly soon. I can't remember the prices but they were certainly reasonable and if they can get the connectors, it will come with plug in extensions for the lambda sensors.

madmatt":1jhthxkf said:
Did Ktec do a run with and without sports cat? i'd be intrigued to see a difference without a cat completely...
I'm not 100% but I beleive it was just testing the system as a whole to confirm it fitted and produced the gains they hoped for, as there would be little point putting it to production if it didn't work as planned.

if i remember rightly i think it was 395+ vat for the manifold and its 63mm?