New Mazda Miata / MX-5

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard conflicting prices, some saying it will be cheaper, others saying it would be more expensive than the nc. Tbh I actually love the look of this, and would consider one, even though I've found the 5 door practicality of the clio a dream on a few occasions.

Wonder if they might do a hard top this time, cut price F type...? Then I'd have to buy one!

maggi200":2lyoowuz said:
Wonder if they might do a hard top this time, cut price F type...? Then I'd have to buy one!

Hard top? God I hope!

Cheap looking Jag F-Type? **** yes!

I don't need a practical car, my girlfriend has a diesel Ford Fiesta that comes with a fuel card which is a haul-everything!

It's hardly cheap looking. I think you mean a cheap f type... :p

We have the Honda. Can I justify that as practical. I can fit in the boot despite the batteries, as I proved on the test drive :lol:

Yes, a cheap F -Type :p

There are some speculation on the power train though. On Top Gear they were guessing it will start with the 1.5 N/A and 2.0 N/A.
Although a turbo engine sounds more logical these days.

Everything else says na too. It will likely be for response etc, and mazda are committed to skyactiv which tends to be na motors at optimum efficiency, doesn't it?

Either way, excited!

I do like it, a lot :)

From the early press release driving videos, it sounds like it's boosted. Given the tie in with Alfa on this model, it would surprise me if it's NA.

https://www.speedhunters.com/2014/07/hear-boost-sound-2016-miata/

Likely going to be around the 200bhp mark to compete with the BRZ/GT/FT86 models, but if boosted - more (out the box) tunable?

100kg lighter than the NC too which helps :)

tuned-mx5-6-54099e54c3f08.png

Has no boost :(

2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata (Japan-Spec)

Body type: Roadster
Seating Capacity: 2 persons
Weight Reduction: 220+ lbs (vs. current gen)
Weight Distribution: 50/50
Length: 154.1"
Width: 68.1"
Height: 48.62"
Wheelbase: 91.1"
Engine: SKYACTIV-G direct-injection gasoline engine
Transmissions: 6-spd Manual, 6-spd Automatic
Front suspension: Double wishbone
Rear suspension: Multilink
Steering: Electric Power Assisted Rack & Pinion Steering (EPAS)
Brakes (front/rear): Ventilated discs / Solid discs
Tires: 195/50R16