New member from West Yorkshire in the market for a Twingo RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tev+

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently own a 2005 Subaru Impreza STI which has been an awesome car for 3 years. My circumstances have now changed and I'm soon to be the owner of my first home so I need to downsize. I want something cheaper to maintain and most importantly does decent MPG but is still fun to drive.
I have been looking at Lupo GTI which I haven't ruled out completely but when talking to a mate of mine he asked me if I'd considered a Twingo RS. I hadn't and pretty much ruled it out, that was until I had a quick browse on the web and now they've really grown on me. I didn't realise there was so many options!

After a bit of research I think a 133 RS with cup chassis would be my choice. I do like the Silverstone ones though but I realise how rare they are. I also wouldn't rule out a Gordini.

So basically do you all think it would be a good choice? I realise it's going to be completely different going from a 325bhp Impreza to something like this but it's something I'm going to have to do.

Cheers

Yes your absolutely love one , it just as much fun in the bends if not more tbh , I had one before and sold it for a golf R32 and now I want to go back to one as it's just not as much fun to drive tbh

hi

my rs gordini might be for sale soon. if your interested ? shes number 33 of 200 custom made exhaust on the car .... the only one in the uk with twin pipes :)

poweller23":1parvxh9 said:
Yes your absolutely love one , it just as much fun in the bends if not more tbh , I had one before and sold it for a golf R32 and now I want to go back to one as it's just not as much fun to drive tbh

Wow that surprises me that they're more fun than the golf, although I haven't really read a bad review so I'm definitely leaning towards one.

samwatson45":3dsgdz8x said:
hi

my rs gordini might be for sale soon. if your interested ? shes number 33 of 200 custom made exhaust on the car .... the only one in the uk with twin pipes :)

Hi mate yeah I'd be interested when/if it goes up with more details etc. Is it a cup chassis?

samwatson45":8hic7d6d said:
whats your budget??? and yeah it cup chassis. but i need to have a proper think about it

It all depends on the car mate really.