Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott87

Reaction score
Hi.

Just thought i would introduce myself. Im from Coventry and am in the process of selling my car to buy a twingo sport. Its a cat c with light body damage but picking it up for a steal. Its in black and has done 23k, 59 plate.

Im going to need these bits though:

Drivers door in black
wing mirror driver side
Large silver trim that goes around the fog, passenger side

Im currently driving this:

That's a cool car dude , why you selling it?

Its mainly a cost thing. It has a couple niggles and parts are mega expensive. One rear upper wishbone is 500quid alone so you can get the idea of maintenance. Also as much fun as near 400bhp is, i cant stop tinkering and its going to become more and more, then wont be suitable for daily use.

I just want something fun, reliable and tbh there is one on my road and everyday i walk past it i think to myself i want one.

looks good mate, you'll love your twingo just as much as your supra. perhaps even more if truth be told, you're going to find yourself having the best of the FWD world with your twingo. underpowered, but that means you can rev it into VVT and then on corners that's when it comes alive. huge smiles on your face!!!!!!!!!

then you can take the supra out when you want some power

Hahaha i would love that but unfortunately the supra is going all together. I built it all myself and converted it from non turbo to turbo.

After i sort the damage to the Twingo i may consider some small mods. Maybe look at cold feed induction for now and then just leave it alone. as well as the parts i need there is damage to the drivers rear quarter so that will need shop work at some point....

I may consider lowering the compression and fitting a small turbo later down the line. Its incredibly easy mod to do and i could up the power to more like 180 i would imagine. Just need to research about the box limitations.

Definitely looking forward to owning one though. Are the fuel stats really true, 40+mpg That would be lovely compared to what im used to!

Also the cd player is missing so how simple is this to replace or pop an after market one in?

pair of U shaped stereo hooks and then bam it's out, simple mate!

as for turbocharging the engine, truth be told ; get rid of it all together and get a megane 225 engine in there. fully trust that you're more than capable in removing an engine and whatnot so it'll cost you a good 1500-2000 for the engine plus gearbox and everything you'll need. 225/230 bhp out the box, with a remap you're at 280 and can still achieve 30 mpg when driven gently. the megane 230 box comes with a factory LSD, its win win really scott :D

take a look at callum's turbocharged 133, although he bought it from ktec tut tut
general-twingo-renaultsport/ktec-turbo-twingo-progress-thread-t11403.html

yes 40 mpg can be achieved, but realistically mid 30's at best as it's hard to drive a twingo (even the gt) economically. you'll soon find out though!

Spot on thanks for that.

The stereo is missing all together so wasnt sure if with a modern car it was simple as with the old jap ones.

Yer perhaps i'd look at that but im really not a fan of engine conversions. I would like to just run a little 7psi turbo on a high compression engine maybe. But this is all a way off for now. Id also want to fab everything so it looked stock still. :p

Im just hoping i can get the spare parts and the dents fixed for a good price.

My one saving grace is the car was mot'd after the cat c, so i can be relatively safe in the knowledge that the car is sound mechanically underneath to pass an mot. (Providing dodgy dave didnt do it)

There's a nice one on eBay that's cat C in mirage grey check that out think its like 2700

LC":3u2j05l8 said:
There's a nice one on eBay that's cat C in mirage grey check that out think its like 2700

Thats the one that i have bought :)

scott87":1ey3d3t2 said:
LC":1ey3d3t2 said:

The one I saw has sold now, for 2700 you're already getting the car half price so just enjoy it blast it around, no need to worry about depreciation

Ps Oscars name is really Dave , dodgy Dave lol

LC":1ybuqhq0 said:
scott87":1ybuqhq0 said:
LC":1ybuqhq0 said:

The one I saw has sold now, for 2700 you're already getting the car half price so just enjoy it blast it around, no need to worry about depreciation

says luke, who is known to sniff bike seats!

Yes 40 mpg can be achieved, but realistically mid 30's at best as it's hard to drive a twingo (even the gt) economically.

Yep... i'll vouch for that. :D

sandy55":3sziq0mb said:
Yes 40 mpg can be achieved, but realistically mid 30's at best as it's hard to drive a twingo (even the gt) economically.

Yep... i'll vouch for that. :D
45mpg from mine that includes 200 mile motorway blasts (74mph) never travelling below 55 usually though

GT this is :)

LC":2tiy92hv said:
scott87":2tiy92hv said:
LC":2tiy92hv said:

Oh i hope its not the same one. Tbh the one in that picture looks black. But the seller agreed a price with me!

scott87":3tw2aqvp said:
LC":3tw2aqvp said:
scott87":3tw2aqvp said:
LC":3tw2aqvp said:

Oh i hope its not the same one. Tbh the one in that picture looks black. But the seller agreed a price with me!
Nah bro it's definitely a different one it was a different colour and wasn't damaged lol

LC":vm2a0eko said:
scott87":vm2a0eko said:
scott87":vm2a0eko said:

Nah bro it's definitely a different one it was a different colour and wasn't damaged lol

Good good you had me worried for a second! Need the seller to hurry up and officially accept my offer on ebay!

Also i actually know nothing about these little cars, bought it entirely on looks!

Are workshop manuals readily available for them?

scott87":3p96z6wk said:
Also i actually know nothing about these little cars, bought it entirely on looks!

Nope but if you have a problem someone here can get you the workshop guide to Fix it

LC":16dvtwlf said:
scott87":16dvtwlf said:

Nope but if you have a problem someone here can get you the workshop guide to Fix it

Brill thank you.

Havent ever worked on anything older than 98 so a lot could be new to me, literally :p