Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenter-w

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Wiechert Kenter from the Netherlands, i drive an Renault Wind 1.2tce from 2011, i first drove an twingo 1.5dci from 2011 and i am also a member of the dutch Twingoclub. The car drives vey well but now we have problems with the whith the ball joint on the front axle. I was very disappointed in the car while we drove only
30.000km but it seems i am not the only one.

Has anayone suggestions for repair, i don't get any coulance from Renault.

With kind regards

Wiechert Kenter

Hello and welcome. I`ve not experienced this problem yet but balljoints are an issue! Have a look through and you will find posts on this subject. All I can say is yes, it`s annoying and shouldn`t happen but don`t let it spoil what are great little cars! I owned a Clio 172 phase 1 and 2 and my Twingo is as good as them if not better!

Welcome Wiechert

I believe you are talking about the balljoint on the end of the lower wishbone (track control arm), like this one>>>
gdiv.th.jpg

Those wishbones are only found on the RS133 and the Wind (both 1.2Tce and 1.6). The balljoint is unique to the wishbone, so produced in low volumes and not supported by any re-manufacturers.

Theres two choices :-
Replacement arms from Renault.
Contact Dino who is a parts dealer and bought a batch of 100 .
suspension-and-brakes/suspension-bushings-t2955-500.html