Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIQ

Reaction score
Hello,

Last week I picked up a 58 Plate Twingo GT, in silver with Climate, and sunroof with 31,000 miles.

I have joined Twingoforum but no one has said hello or answered my question (very un-friendly) so I thought that I would give you guys a try.

I am an active member on the R32OC and have over 10,000 posts and have helped over 1000 people with technical issues.

I have bought the Twingo as my daily, I also have 2 x Golf R32’s (Mk4 & Mk5)

Well anyway here are my questions.

1, My headlights do not work on the switch (parking do) but they do work when the Auto Lights come on ? Any Idead

2, I have put am athmospheric Dump Valve on it – is this a good idea as in the past I have owned a R5 GT Turbo, RS Turbo, RS Cosworth and Focus RS – all of which had Dump Valves as I was told it helps the turbo ?

Thanks for reading

Mark

Hello,
We are friendly but also a bit mad (we drive renaults)

Headlights issue I'm not sure on I'm afraid but with the dump valve, there's mixed reviews. If you like it then leave it mate, before my 133 i had a GT and I had a dump valve on that, I found it funny driving round as people get really confused by it

Thanks brad it seems less powerful is that my mind as o read on here it does that

My GT did feel a little slower but I think it's all in the mind, I've read up on dump valve testing and there was no power difference

1. Check fuses - if ruled out if suspect the switch is at fault

2. The turbo is tiny and wouldn't generate a level of boost high enough to damage the turbo, it also has a recirculation valve fitted as standard which will avoid pressure backing up into the turbo (that's the little whoosh you hear when you let off the throttle - it's just not as brash)

Welcome to the forum! - personally never been on twingo forum or even heard of it lol!

Back on the subject of the dump valve: It won't make a massive difference in terms of boost either as the turbo is so small it will take half a second to re-pressure, enjoy the car! Get some pictures of all your cars up!

Thanks for the help,

I have also owned Renaults in the past
R5 GT Turbo
Clio Williams
Clio 178
Clio 182 Trophy

Here are a couple of photos of the Twingo, also a few of my pride and joys :)

Well I was going to add photos but cant get it to work - Any Ideas

thanks again for replying, looks friendly enough,

Love the little twingo, runs very nice and enough power to get you out of trouble

does this work:

ceUkmSZ.jpg

HSuSdI5.jpg

quZkfLn.jpg

5u3uYgm.jpg

LRckxl7.jpg

Cool I see them! Nice set of toys for every occasion, I bet 40mpg is a nice feature of the twingo!

Yeah it's great but yo be fair the golfs get around 32 on the mway

MIQ":3h1dcf4k said:
Yeah it's great but yo be fair the golfs get around 32 on the mway

Fair dos, I struggled to get the GT under 36, good fun without losing your licence which is so easy in a V6

Yeah especially when both modded to 289 BHp (maximum without FI)

Loving this car,

did a 800 mile round trip at the weekend and it eats the motorway up with ease, was a bit nervous but its a very capable car.

MIQ":3dvxkpf0 said:
Loving this car,

did a 800 mile round trip at the weekend and it eats the motorway up with ease, was a bit nervous but its a very capable car.

I've done trips of over a thousand in the wind, I didn't like it much in the GT due to the lack of cruise control in mind which I'd assume you have?