New owner checking in

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EpsomJames

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2009 RenaultSport Twingo 133 and been running it a week now for my short daily commute to work across country.

Not sure exactly what options from the list it has on it, or if it has the Cup option pack, but it does have the 17" wheels, black rear windows and Bluetooth telephone/music streaming package.

It also has very low mileage with only 3072 miles on the clock.

Have to say I really like the little car.

Are there any traders on here? The car is nearly mint condition with so few miles on it, but there are a couple of small pieces of trim that I'd like to replace to make it look as new.

6i9p47.jpg

Welcome. Do you know the story behind the car? Who owned it and why it has so few miles? Was it garaged? Looks in great condition.

Stunty":16col60h said:
Welcome. Do you know the story behind the car? Who owned it and why it has so few miles? Was it garaged? Looks in great condition.

It's one of four company cars that were repossessed from a private coach company that sadly folded (it was in the news). All 4 Twingo 133s had very low miles on them (although this one the lowest) as I assume they were seized quite early on in their life judging by how old the expired tax was on them.

I bought my one for an extremely good price from a dealer after I contacted the finance company and they confirmed the loan amount had been satisfied and cleared the outstanding finance fail on the HPI (which was otherwise clear). It's only had 2 services on it (one done by the dealer I just bought it from) although this doesn't worry me considering the mileage. I've had it inspected with no evidence of any crash damage/previous repairs.

The car is immaculate save for a small rip to the trim tape stuff on the door pillar and small dent in the door (which I'm about to have fixed at an excellent bodyshop I know), no stone chips and it even still has that new Renault smell to it. Only odd thing was one of the tyres was a Dunlop instead of a Conti Sport Contact 3, so I bought a new Conti to replace the Dunlop.

Paint work is excellent however it was stickered up with the name of the coach company, so I'm also going to have it detailed to remove some slightly dull marks where the stickers used to be.

I'll take some more photos after it's been detailed.

Canny little story that!! It's history for the car at least, shame about the company though.

I do like to do my research before buying cars :)

I'm quite lucky as I found this car pretty quick (within 2 weeks), my weekend/fun car took me 9 months to find an example I was happy with! I'm a bit (okay a lot) of a perfectionist when it comes to cars.

Nearly had a heart attack driving it yesterday when my mileage suddenly jumped from 3320 miles to 12100. My immediate thought was it had been clocked and somehow returned to the higher correct mileage.

Then I noticed a couple of extra symbols. Oh no it's developed a fault I was thinking. Then the mileage started counting down, that's weird.

Finally it twigged, I'd accidentally pressed a button somewhere and it was showing the mileage to the next service. Found the button when I got back home on the end of the right hand stalk. What a doughnut!! :lol:

Note to self, I must read the user manual.

EpsomJames":1v1h6jkj said:
Nearly had a heart attack driving it yesterday when my mileage suddenly jumped from 3320 miles to 12100. My immediate thought was it had been clocked and somehow returned to the higher correct mileage.

Then I noticed a couple of extra symbols. Oh no it's developed a fault I was thinking. Then the mileage started counting down, that's weird.

Finally it twigged, I'd accidentally pressed a button somewhere and it was showing the mileage to the next service. Found the button when I got back home on the end of the right hand stalk. What a doughnut!! :lol:

Note to self, I must read the user manual.
Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!