New "reader" at Your place :-)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexicano

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals!
I'm from Mexico, no Twingo...we don't have those here...have a Nissan Platina, it is same as Renault Symbol /Renault Thalia /Clio Sedan.....my car has a K4M 1.6 16 V engine, actually has the following mods:

17" Enkei wheels and Falken tires
Momo Steering Wheel, shift knob, park brake handdle and Momo Leather Boots
Momo Pedals
Sony & JBL audio
Webasto Sun Roof (soft,electric)
Brembo drilled front brakes with Ferodo pads, soon upgrade to 325m.m. rotors and 6 pot calipers
Rear Clio Sport Disc Brakes with Ferodo pads
Ktec Stainless Steel Brake hoses
Ktec ALL Engine Mounts
Powerflex Poly Suspension Bushes (all of them)
KTR Bolt In Alloy Suspension Top Mounts
KTR Aluminium Rear Strut Brace
KTR Carbon Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar Kit
Billstein B6 Struts and Shock Absorbers
Eibach coils
Eibach Camber Correcting Bolts
KTR 1° Rear Camber Shims
Full Custom Exhaust sistem, stainless steel with MagnaFlow tail pipe, no cathalitic converter
Mapped ECU
Debilas Dynamics intake
Big Throttle 65m.m.
265cc Injectors & 225 Lts. pump
Cat Cams (to be installed)
Forged rods & ARP bolts(to be installed)
Forged Wossner 12:1 Dome Pistons (to be installed)
Ported, flowed and polished cylinder head (Looking for someone to do it in the US or UK)
In Need of a racing clutch :D
Quick Shift Kit

Hope to learn some "tricks" from You guys.

Regards

Thought you were pal, what you have done with it looks awesome from the pictures you put up

Jjay":18yeeyp5 said:
Thought you were pal, what you have done with it looks awesome from the pictures you put up
Yes, It's becoming an amazing car to drive...I enjoy it a lot, It's almost a finished project...just need to do the engine(internals) and the Recaro leather sets...

Regards

Jjay":21qbso1b said:
What recaros are you looking at?
What figures are you pulling at the
Moment from the k4m?

I'm looking at Recaro Sport or maybe Expert...not decided yet..
At this time the dyno test showed 112 H.P.'s at 5,500 R.P.M's - 146 Ft/Lbs at 3,750 R.P.M.'s(at front wheels)...not bad considering the stock engine gave me only 70 H.P.'s at the wheels before any modification, this engine was sold as "110 H.P.'s" but I guess those figures are at sea level and flywheel H.P.'s, not front wheel figures...we are at 2,250 meters over sea level...hard to "pull" H.P. at this height, the engine has at the moment 42,000 Kms. on it, always with Liqui-Moly Syntethics

the_notorious_C_A_T":337fm3vl said:
Welcome buddy, sounds like we can learn tricks from you really!

Well...when I was young I use to work for a Vintage Racing Team (Porsches 356, Alfa Romeo and MG's) building engines and suspensions for a living I did this for many years, new technologies are amazing now and I'm learning from the bottom...Renault engines are new to me but there are few things that remain the same.

I modify two stroke motorcycle engines as a hobby...I built my Son's bikes.

There is a rule: Always Learn Something New...and never stop :shock:

Regards

Here is a couple of pics from my car:
DSC00313.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

The engine bay:

DSC00441.jpg

Jjay":1e8t4t8x said:
Thought the k4m block pulled 110hp standard?
That's what they advertized...but I guess those figures are at flywheel and sea level, at 2,250 meters over sea level You are at least 30% less power...would be interesting to run a test at sea level and see what It comes up...