New rs clio

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw118

Reaction score
ah yes, the new twingo TCE 0.9L 3 cylinder turbo will blow folks socks away. the whole nissan - renault alliance is producing some fantastic little engines with these TCE line of engines.

fairly sure from memory if i am correct that the new clio EDC will be a gordini that produces more power, i only heard that from one of my mates in sales at renault. couldn't tell you anything about it though

Sounds tempting, il be looking at getting a clio toward the end of this year, might hurry things up if it's lives up to what I've read online

dw118":1txor2so said:
Sounds tempting, il be looking at getting a clio toward the end of this year, might hurry things up if it's lives up to what I've read online
No your not!

I've read a fair amount (as you would expect :p ) and I fully expect the special edition to be a sticker and paint job special, rumored to be the Monaco GP edition.

The Milltek is interesting but I don't wanna change stuff already, or at all :lol: they do pop and bang as standard anyway

dw118":2anafe8k said:

Miss dw118":2anafe8k said:
dw118":2anafe8k said:
No your not!
Fight!

Hope it ain't just a paint and plaque, especially to keep up with the fiesta and moutune pack the extra bhp would help sales

If its a Gordini, it should be fairly hot and have less toys... A while back, one of the Renault execs said they regretted the 133 and 200 Dini editions being away from the racing heritage and name that the stripes should represent

Miss dw118":2h71b5gs said:
Well go get a fiesta then

The megane is tempting tho :cool:

Th extra bhp would help tho, wait and see what it is first and take it from there, won't be rushing to renault just yet

singlespeed":31v4iyks said:
If its a Gordini, it should be fairly hot and have less toys... A while back, one of the Renault execs said they regretted the 133 and 200 Dini editions being away from the racing heritage and name that the stripes should represent

gordini was a special edition racing series of renault as we all know, but nowadays renault sport takes up that area. so i was always confused when i seen an RS Gordini, serving merely as a different interior and a different paint colour / trim level. seems a little strange to make a racing version of ... a racing version, if you all get what i mean without any actual racing pedigree??

although if the clio was more powerful from factory on the new gordini, and is set to be lighter then that is a different kettle of fish. if renault was to make the new twingo with the RS version being a powerplant based on the little mid engined RWD TCE that they were playing with a year or two ago in development ... then in my oppinion, you are no doubt going to be witnessing one of the best little cars that has ever been created. doubtful this will come to fruition though

Maybe an extra 10-15bhp keep it inline with the fiesta, ( with moutune, you can have with under warenty too) might sell a few more cars that way.

Clio RS Monaco - sadly it looks like just extra trim and and bolt ons in an attempt to flog more Clios; rather than anything 'special' or 'new'. So spot on with the sticker and paint job call above!

I don't think the engine needs changing,..... just the gearbox, sound tube thing, no. of doors...oh and the way it looks.

You can tell I'm not a fan, I waited for the new shape and took one for a full days test drive when they originally came out. Such a disappointing car; my heart sank - quick yes, but so dull to drive. I bought another Twingo RS instead; yes its slower but far more fun down a twisty B Road.

Liquidyellow":uruhg5qk said:
Clio RS Monaco - sadly it looks like just extra trim and and bolt ons in an attempt to flog more Clios; rather than anything 'special' or 'new'. So spot on with the sticker and paint job call above!

I don't think the engine needs changing,..... just the gearbox, sound tube thing, no. of doors...oh and the way it looks.

You can tell I'm not a fan, I waited for the new shape and took one for a full days test drive when they originally came out. Such a disappointing car; my heart sank - quick yes, but so dull to drive. I bought another Twingo RS instead; yes its slower but far more fun down a twisty B Road.

i couldn't agree any more.

Fair enough Renault have tried to increase sales of RS Clio - they don't sell many really https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=Clio+Renaultsport - and in the current economic climate you can completely understand why they need to widen the customer base. (Peugeot/Citroen were in doggy doodoos the other week).

So I'm hoping in a few years time the business model will evolve to a point whereby Renault continue to produce the wider market RS versions and then to produce proper limited edition/ niche runs of Twingo/Clio/Megane, perhaps under the Gordini badge.