New RS or a bigger car ...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly_GT

Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't like the new Twingo but it has really grown on me! The question is, if I was to get the car what options would you say are a must to help me enjoy the car more?

Its only a maybe at the minute because I'm arguing over getting a bigger car and I feel that going from the GT I own the know to a 133 won't be justifiable as a bigger car (unless we're talking engines!). I've just moved in to my own house and can't do a proper good shop in my car so I need a car with more boot space!

Any help/advice/opinions on this would be much appreciated!

Get a current rs with split rear seats. That way when you need the boot space fir shopping you can slide them forwards and practically double your boot size for all your shopping and then can go back again.

Friedchicken91":3pw7zqwa said:
Get a current rs with split rear seats. That way when you need the boot space fir shopping you can slide them forwards and practically double your boot size for all your shopping and then can go back again.
+1

The sliding split rear seats give a huge boot/ or great rear legroom for the size of car. The bench seat is a poor compromise on both.

Decent bluetooth stereo is good if you have a BT phone etc. I think the auto wipers/lights are a waste of time.

Clio 200, simples!! haha

Bigger car and much better looking than the new Twingo ;)

Alex_225":36cgrywe said:
Clio 200, simples!! haha

Its a bad day when the 200 is a nicer looking car that the new twingo... Fully agree though.

weebob":3b16q5uc said:
Alex_225":3b16q5uc said:
Clio 200, simples!! haha

Its a bad day when the 200 is a nicer looking car that the new twingo... Fully agree though.
it proves how bad they are but depends on the costs with a house

Im (aiming to) able run a 197 (if i have done my maths right, expecting very low twenties mpg ) only because i do sod all mileage... When i do put miles on a car its because im going out for a blast. Only do 6k a year, any more than that and i personally couldn't justify it

At the moment I do under 6k a year. Only done 2500 miles since september! Just use my car for driving to work which is very close to where I live and to get food shopping. I still want a sporty looking car and something with a bit of power but I need more space!

weebob":27u8u487 said:
Alex_225":27u8u487 said:
Clio 200, simples!! haha

I know what you mean. The 200 isn't a great looking car. It's purposeful but the front end with that moustache doesn't do a lot for me. But it still looks better than the new Twingo unfortunately.

The nail was hit firmly on the head with the first RS Twingo in terms of exterior styling. They're going to struggle to better it in my opinion.

To be honest if you're doing well under 10k a year the running costs of an RS Clio aren't going to be a huge concern. I was looking on ClioSport.net and there was a 197 for sale for under £7k!! :)

How many of you live in your new house? We use our 133 as our shopping car (Dont like parking the 200 in the Tesco carparks as its got enough carpark dings on it already) and have never had any problems with fitting the weekly shop in the boot.

We also have our 10 month old wee boy in the car at the same time so cant have the rear seats all the way forward.

133, cup chassis, independent sliding/folding rear seats and you're on to a good'un. You really can fit quite the large amount of stuff in a 133 with the split seats, and if you need a big box of space you can fold them up against the fronts.

Could u not just instal the rear rs seats into your gt. then u dnt need to deal with increased running costs of a new, bigger car and u get loads of boot space wen needed!

To be far I have done full shops with the wife and two kids in the car, but the key is sliding seats and everyone other than myself having short legs

I have the split sliding seats in my Twingo but I often take my mum for her shopping when I go for mines so its twice the shop and I don't have a lot of time at the moment to drive back and forth to do mines then hers. I agree there can be a lot of room when you slide the seats forward but when you're doing twice the shop it can be a bit difficult!

I have been looking at 197's and with the low mileage I do per year I think its looking like a good option. A little more room with a bit more grunt under the bonnet :D.

Kelly_GT":2znvpfdw said:
I have the split sliding seats in my Twingo but I often take my mum for her shopping when I go for mines so its twice the shop and I don't have a lot of time at the moment to drive back and forth to do mines then hers. I agree there can be a lot of room when you slide the seats forward but when you're doing twice the shop it can be a bit difficult!

I have been looking at 197's and with the low mileage I do per year I think its looking like a good option. A little more room with a bit more grunt under the bonnet :D.

they are very cheap. im getting a very late 2006 fullfat, 30k, FSH, cup spoiler etc etc. just swap with the RS

Kelly_GT":3aj8fjro said:

sounds like u have ur mind set on getting rid of the Twingo! Haha.
Hope u find a nice clio at a gd price!

Lordyb":3ssaz1li said:
Kelly_GT":3ssaz1li said:

sounds like u have ur mind set on getting rid of the Twingo! Haha.
Hope u find a nice clio at a gd price!
My Twingo has served me well and I love it to bits but I'm just looking at my options :p.
Seen quite a few including a racing blue and a white one quite close to where I live and at a reasonable price!

If your looking at 197s then sign up to Clio197.net and have a look at the ones for sale over there.

How much you looking to spend?

N0ddie":15xqa52g said:
If your looking at 197s then sign up to Clio197.net and have a look at the ones for sale over there.

How much you looking to spend?
No more than £9000, don't know if that's reasonable?