New Set-Up with 6" speakers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apollo11RD

Reaction score
As well know the OEM stereo in the Twingo is a pile of sh1t. Therefore I had to change it. Only a week after buying it I've now got an aftermarket headunit, front speakers and front tweeters fitted, and they sound ace!

For those of you frustrated by the limited range and quality of 5.25" speakers which fit the Twingo, drill out the speaker hole just a bit, get an MDF mounting ring, then you have a vast range of 6" speakers available to you; Like a pair of JL Audio TR650 CSI component speakers!
https://www.jlaudio.co.uk/tr650-csi-car-audio-tr-speaker-systems-91036

Twinned with an Alpine headunit and they sound fantastic. And despite being component speakers they don't need crossovers!

34ngwmw.jpg

8yz4nn.jpg

65shvn.jpg

245it6p.jpg

Can you explain how you did the speaker hole expansion a bit further? And did you install sound deadening?

Took a stock size 6" MDF speaker mount, screwed it directly into the existing speaker mount holes. Then any excess metal from the 5.25" fitting will appear inside the larger, 6" MDF ring. Then just a compressed air saw to cut out the excess. Didn't install sound deadening as budget restricts, but hoping to in the future as not too expensive and the door access lends itself well to inserting deadening

I think I will be sticking to 5.25" lol. Don't fancy cutting up the inside. I'll be getting a good component set up and deadening.