New speakers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any ideas where to get mounts for rear speakers. . Just took rear panels off to find a bit of sponge where rear speakers should be (strange as when music fades to the rear there is still sound) can anyone help please??

9738140286_2f3318c31f_c_d.jpg

You can see my one of my rear speakers in front of the rear wheel arch.
By the looks of that, theres mountings as such, just screwed down.

Iirc they have two points to screw them in, whereas most speakers I found had 4. To get it flush I think it needed the additional tabs filed back.

Didn't need any additional bits to fit or change over. Other than speaker cables in mine :lol: bloody cup

Can someone put an up to date link on what pioneer direct fit kit I will need for front and rear speakers (including dash speakers)
I have a 2011 model if that helps

Cheers!

Probably a little behind on this thread everyone seems to have gone quiet. Just brought a MKII GT probably looking at getting a Pioneer PRS80 HU. Does anyone know if you can fit a pair of 6x9's in the rear? Im pretty sure I havent got anything in the rear atm I cant seem to hear anything coming from there if there is then its extremely quiet - fronts are 5.25 right? Probably looking at doing a full swap in sections so HU with amp and 2 rears first, then amp and front doors, possibly tweeters - then if its still lacking depth add a small underseat sub. Im more worried about it being overkill for such a little car banging a £300 HU and about £600 worth of amps and speakers.

Daniel95":23qq10u5 said:
Probably a little behind on this thread everyone seems to have gone quiet. Just brought a MKII GT probably looking at getting a Pioneer PRS80 HU. Does anyone know if you can fit a pair of 6x9's in the rear? Im pretty sure I havent got anything in the rear atm I cant seem to hear anything coming from there if there is then its extremely quiet - fronts are 5.25 right? Probably looking at doing a full swap in sections so HU with amp and 2 rears first, then amp and front doors, possibly tweeters - then if its still lacking depth add a small underseat sub. Im more worried about it being overkill for such a little car banging a £300 HU and about £600 worth of amps and speakers.

If you can afford it get it done, should sound good!
As for the rears I think they're 5.25" like the front but not sure, best thing to do would be to get the rear door cards off and have a look at the space available :)

I'm looking at getting some 5.25" components for the front & probably a small amp to power them, then some coaxils for the rear, and maybe a small sub & amp in the boot aswell

Having fun trying to get the front cards off atm ony snapped one clip getting the rears out, really annoyed i sat for 20minutes and at one point was wedged upside determined to get to it, in the end i got fed up and just pulled it off, even with it off the clip didnt want to come out :lol:

Got them all off and swapped sounding good on just mids atm hopefully next month or two ill get and underseat sub, maybe two :lol: then sort out cutting some holes for tweeters :twisted: