New sub with Stock head unit.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscoo

Reaction score
Just wondering if its worth getting a subwoofer with a built in amplifier on the stock Head unit. Will the head unit throttle the sub? I don't really want to change head units as my car has the bluetooth / steering wheel stalk controls.

Theres a few people who have added a small active sub, installed under the seat,
. Or speaker level input amplified sub installs.

Have a search in this section and you will find a few.

I have the Vibe BlackAir V10 Active 10 inch Active Enclosure on the Stock head unit

lrgscaleb_blackairv10__75551.1330833322.575.575.jpg

singlespeed":38jkk12u said:
Theres a few people who have added a small active sub, installed under the seat,

I had a quick search but couldn't find anyone talking about actual results with the stock head unit. I know how to fit the subwoofer but I'm just wondering if it will be worth it.

Biscoo":2e471hey said:
singlespeed":2e471hey said:

I had a quick search but couldn't find anyone talking about actual results with the stock head unit. I know how to fit the subwoofer but I'm just wondering if it will be worth it.
how/guide-how-install-amp-subwoofer-factory-headunit-t6172.html

Biscoo":1w8bkcvs said:
singlespeed":1w8bkcvs said:

Karl (twingogeekeo) and James (maggi) both have small under seat active subs and someone has one of the large flat boot floor subs (maybe Ghostz)

Thanks for the help guys, I'll be fitting one soon. Sorry for the duplicate thread.

singlespeed":w9ekknl1 said:
Biscoo":w9ekknl1 said:
singlespeed":w9ekknl1 said:

Karl (twingogeekeo) and James (maggi) both have small under seat active subs and someone has one of the large flat boot floor subs (maybe Ghostz)
Yes it's Ghostz but he had it installed for him..