New Twingo 133 owner

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim CE

Reaction score
Hello all. Just this week I traded in my Audi TT Roadster for a black Twingo 133 (for financial reasons as I'm sure you can appreciate).

First of all, I LOVE the Twingo. Sure it doesn't have the grunt of the 2.0TFSI I've just dumped, but the way it glides round bends is just superb. I couldn't have opted for a better small fun car.

The only problem I'm having is that I don't know whether or not the car has the cup chassis. I've been reading a lot of threads on here discussing the visual differences between the cup and non cup and I'm still non the wiser. My car has the 17" alloys, rear tinted windows, split rear seats and AC. The dealer made no mention of the chassis so is there any way I can tell whether or not it has the cup chassis?

Split rears and tints point towards a full fat version.

17's are part of the cup pack so its probably got that as an option but obviously wheels are an easy and common swap. Check the rear springs/dampers for purple marker dots which are cup parts too.

FF with cup is probably the most common spec

Sounds like a FF but I have a FF Gordini and it can definitely hold its own against alot of cars in the twisties.

Obviously upgrading suspension wouldn't hurt ;)

Welcome too the mad house. Good too hear your enjoying the twingo after downsizing.

Thanks for the warm welcome people.

It turns out I have the Cup chassis. I should have known from my other half's complaints really.

I shall try and get some pics up of both cars shortly.

Jim CE":ek03ve19 said:
Hello all. Just this week I traded in my Audi TT Roadster for a black Twingo 133 (for financial reasons as I'm sure you can appreciate).

First of all, I LOVE the Twingo. Sure it doesn't have the grunt of the 2.0TFSI I've just dumped, but the way it glides round bends is just superb. I couldn't have opted for a better small fun car.

The only problem I'm having is that I don't know whether or not the car has the cup chassis. I've been reading a lot of threads on here discussing the visual differences between the cup and non cup and I'm still non the wiser. My car has the 17" alloys, rear tinted windows, split rear seats and AC. The dealer made no mention of the chassis so is there any way I can tell whether or not it has the cup chassis?

Like u I got rid of my Octavia vrs for a rs 133 I do sometimes miss the grunt but the twingo is far much more fun to drive!

lgonzalez":3o5h1uy5 said:
Welcome along, stick some pics up of both the Audi and the Twingo :)

OP delivers

The TT, or Khaleesi as she was known.
HT5aLw7.jpg

The Twingo, or Sha'Dynasty.
0jiGL1a.jpg

Hopefully this works...