New Twingo owner question.....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Bach

Reaction score
Hi

I'm hoping that someone on here could answer my question..... it could turn out to be a rather silly one but I have to ask

I have a 09 133 with full cup suspension. 40k on the clock, throaty exhaust with nothing done to the engine, as far as I am aware! I have only had this car 19days and I love it BUT when I'm putting the power down (from usually 2nd or 3rd gear) it's pulling on the left front corner. It seems to want to go right? Is it just I'm not use to the torque or is there something I can do about it??

I have only ever owned 2 Vauxhall Nova's and an Astra, which I had for 10years, so not use to all this new car stuff!

Many thanks :-D

nothing to worry about, take it back to where you got it from you'll have some form of drive away warranty usually 3 months. get them to rectify it. will no doubt be suspension related or geometry related. could be something as silly as the tyre pressures being out lol, always start with the simple things first but in this instance the best thing will be to take it back for peace of mind to have them rectify it :)

Uneven tyre wear? Pressures? tracking?

My guess would be one of the first two

As David said, unless it was a private sale, get the garage to have a look at it as the amount of torque steer isn't normally an issue. Even with sticky tyres and some extra power.

Firstly, do a bit of detective work and check the tyre pressures and general condition of the tyres. Are they inflated correctly and is the tread worn unevenly or bulges in the sidewalls?

Parked on level ground, and the steering centred, does the car sit evenly with the wheels sitting at the same angle when viewed from both infront (camber angle) and above (toe angle). If you can notice a difference, it needs checking and sorting.

Have a friend turn the steering wheel and make sure that the wheels both move without any lost motion. Its not a Series 2 Landrover, so a twitch of steering should give a response at both wheels unless part of the steering is worn.

Have a look at this thread...
suspension-and-brakes/suspension-bushings-t2955.html
Turn the steering one way then the other, for an easier view and have a look under the front bumper at the condition of the ball joints as they have been prone to splitting the boot and then the spherical joint wears out quickly and any free play will start to show as a knocking noise and play in the suspension.
The inner ends of the wishbones are attached to the subframe by two bolts. If these are loose or their rubber bushes are worn, that would also be a possible culprit.