New Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's not going to be an RS version unfortunately, gordon my old boss @ renault did however mention that they are bringing a GT version out which is going to be the 'hot' version of the twingo with a bit more aggressive styling.

the reason they aren't making a twingo rs is predominantly due to it being a massive sales flop. excellent car, but the sales guys got it all wrong and didn't bother their backside to sell it! theres something very enjoyable about watching journalists make up stories lol!

https://paultan.org/2014/07/25/spyshots-renault-twingo-rs-test-share-engine-smart-forfour-brabus/

personally, i think that is hiddeous. it looks like .... infact, i'm not even going to give it the time of day! i do quite like the look of the new standard twingo, quite funky and urban :)

The new model is a great looking little motor but would look soooo much better in a 3dr guise IMO! Clearly heading the same way as the new Clio building only 5dr models which is a shame, doesn't bode well for the next gen Megane does it?

Probably won't see the Twinrun built then :( great shame!

I think it's a cracking looking wee thing, just a shame they're not gonna actually put anything as mental as the TwinRun into production. I still kinda like the idea of it being rear engined & RWD though! It's pretty a much a Porsche 911 tbh

flowerpowerdave":1old6jn4 said:
if it shares the engine with brabus, its going to be a flying machine - 185bhp.

never! that would kill the already dead renaultsport clio :p

oscar":3urctm2x said:
there's not going to be an RS version unfortunately, gordon my old boss @ renault did however mention that they are bringing a GT version out which is going to be the 'hot' version of the twingo with a bit more aggressive styling.

I'm guessing the GT would be the same as the gordini one I've been hearing about with 120 bhp?

Dubz":1kw44pgl said:
oscar":1kw44pgl said:

I'm guessing the GT would be the same as the gordini one I've been hearing about with 120 bhp?

i honestly haven't got a clue :) i just know that the 'hotter' version of the new twingo is going to be the GT model, i couldn't confirm or deny their plans on the gordini .. only the GT!

would be nice to see an RS version though. regardless of it's hit or miss looks, it would be a hoot to drive like a baby version of the clio v6 which is also hit and miss with it's looks!