New tyres

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullii94

Reaction score
Could do with getting some new tyres soon, but I don't know which ones to get!
I want something half decent in both the wet and dry, but also doesent cost a million £££
Can get my friend to fit them at his garage for free(or maybe in exchange for a McDonald's) so show me all your internet deals :D

Hi,

Not sure if I'll be shot for this, but check out www.blackcircles.com

You can order tyres to be delivered to your house, or even get them fitted at a local tyre place.

Best thing to do is chuck in your tyre size and have a look at what's on offer - you might only get one result, in which case change the 'speed rating' search to 'any' and you'll have loads more to choose from!

Hope this helps,

Matt

Unless you've gone up to 17"rims, there should be a fair choice.

All tyres will have a compromise on wet/dry performance. Grip/wear. Cost/quality

For GT sizes on15" rims, £80 would cover most needs (high performance ones can be more), so definitely not a million pounds. That said, what's your expected budget?

Black circles.com
Mytyres.com
Camskill.co.uk
Costco wholesalers if you know someone with a card!

read the reviews on websites and then buy from ebay. ebay is always the cheapest for cheeky little deals on good tyres. pretty much every website will sell their products on ebay anyway. so it's usually quicker just to head straight for the cheapest price on the tyres you want :D

ebay has it's uses sometimes

On 15s

Toyo Budgets
Michelin Sport 3 all arounder
AD08 top performance and track

190 for four of them delivered. that's a fairly good price. toyo T1R's are a good budget track tyre and road tyre, one of the better tyres out there for sure. not fantastic in the wet, but that's what winter tyres are for. good dry handling comes at a compromise with any tyre in wet conditions. they are however quite noisy tyres with a high decibel rating. wear rate is okay, i did 12-15,000 miles on a set when i ran 17's for a year

185/55/15 is the right size. remember that the GT rim is 6 inches

25.4mm in an inch
6 x 25.4 = 152.4
185 - 152.4 = 32.6 mm
32.6 mm is the overhang of the tyre, which is already huge. that's 16 mm per side, the rim could technically fit a 195 but it wouldn't be safe that'd leav you with an inch overhang and when you corner you will run a high risk of breaking the bead on sidewall flex and i've seen this happen plenty of times not just in sportier cars

185 is the biggest size i'd go for for the GT rim. the other option will be to upgraded to a 7'' rim or a 6.5'' rim

Thanks oscar! I didn't realise they hung over by that much! :shock:
I'd love some new wheels, but I really can't afford them atm! Well, not some I want anyway haha!

If your on 17" rims then I would go hankook they are £90 each drive better and handle just as well as a Conti but also seems to accelerate smoother than a Conti which cost £130 each

Bought the toyo tyres! Should be here in a few days hopefully
Now I just need to find some cheap wheels I can use to get my alloys sorted, and put the new tyres on :D

Ordered them yesterday afternoon and they've been delivered Already, pretty impressed with that!
Standard delivery aswell :)