New tyres!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo133

Reaction score
Good evening all!
i thought i might take the time to share my evening of good fortune!
Firstly i put my car into renault today to have a full service, they rang me up saying i need new brake pads.. so of they go and fix them!
i then get there to pick the car up and they say they haven't road tested it because as the tires where illegal, they then go on to add that one of the tyres has deformed.

so i rang round and found some budgets for £45 :O
how amazing is that?
after all the expense i payed in renault today, it is redeemed by cheap tyres, and having driven 100 miles on them already, im quite impressed, they are pretty good :)

anyway, i just wanted to share my good fortune with you all!
you may know proceed with whatever you were doing :)

James

P.S I also won £6 on a scratchcard today

I would never put budget tyres on my car. They're the only part of the car that touches the road, so if you're going to spend money on anything, it should be good tyres.

What makes tyres?

Also in the motor trade when it comes to tyres the saying you get what you pay for is a very true saying

Monster Detail":18psuilg said:
I would never put budget tyres on my car. They're the only part of the car that touches the road, so if you're going to spend money on anything, it should be good tyres.

Couldn't agree more. Then, working backwards, quality pads, disks and brake fluid. It's not dangerous if a car doesn't go but it certainly is if it doesn't stop.

I'm really happy with my new 205/40/17 Hankooks, they're excellent value for money. They're much better than the standard and ridiculously prices 195/40/17 conti 3s!

Ive only ever put Contis back on my 133 so dont know what others are like

Monster Detail":2f2w5zi7 said:
I'm really happy with my new 205/40/17 Hankooks, they're excellent value for money.

Used to have a Hyundai that came with Hankooks as standard - brilliant tyres, kept it for nearly 3 years and they still had loads of wear when I traded the car. :geek:

Twingogeekeo":18xifmd8 said:
Can you still buy re-moulds? :lol:
Yeah they use them on the buses at work bloke turns up once a week and takes them away and brings remoulded 1's back

remoulds are great for buses/trucks etc but i wouldnt dream of using them on a sports hatch :?
i cant belive a dealer would miss the chance to upsell u tyres unless they didnt have them in stock!

as said above tyres are one of the most important bits of your car so if u fit cheap and chearfulls u prob wont be getting anywhere near the best from your car :cry: