(newcastle area folks?) roger albert clark rally?!?!?!?!?!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
Hey chaps, this year i'm going to be marshaling this event down in Sunderland. If anyone on here fancies volunteering to marshal this event (there are lots of cool night time forrest stages) then please just let me know and I can get this set up for you. This rally runs over the weekend of the 28th-30th Nov - 2014!

[YouTube]=EP5cEJTeR5g[/YouTube]

https://www.rogeralbertclarkrally.org/

The original email for those interested:
Hi Folks,
Firstly, sorry if you receive this more than once!

We know it's a little early yet but we are starting the planning for the 2014 Roger Albert Clark Rally. John Clayton and Dave Brodie are teaming up to staff 2 stages, one on Saturday November 29th and one on Sunday November 30th.

John is running the SS14 Clintburn stage in the Kielder complex on the Saturday, just over 13 miles long with the first car due at 1413. It then runs again in the opposite direction as SS19 Paddaburn with first car due at 2002, and all being well you should be on your way out of the forest just after 2130.

Dave is then running the SS24 & SS27 Falstone stage, near the Kielder Dam and just under 15 miles long with first cars due at 1046 and 1358, again you should be on your way home by 1545.

So there you have it; 4 stages in just over 24 hours, in the same general area, one run in the dark, and with chance of a decent night's sleep in between - and with sign-on times that are positively luxurious.

We are looking for marshals of all disciplines - arrival, startline, instage, flying finish and stopline as well as radio marshals.

If you can help on one or both, please contact John on 01680 300302, 07776 002309 or by email at [email protected], or Dave on 01539 731469, 07795 253563 or by email at [email protected].

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers

John Clayton & Dave Brodie

AS_BO":vhngy2lz said:
This is awesome!!! Can you get me some details Dave??

aye the details are on the announcements for the rally route on the website i linked too up there ^^^^^, it runs friday-sunday the last weekend of november. loads of cool night time forrest stages and tons of big crashes, hopefully no one get's run over this time!!!!!!!! :)

cheeky opportunity for some kind of a meet :D if you don't marshal, i'll certainly be down for a meet between stages

How do I sign up?? I'm in like!! Can I bring a mate as well?? He's up for Marshalling too.

email dave brodie to volunteer to marshal for the roger albert clark rally and get your mate to email him also, nearer the time he will send out group emails to us all with all the details and finer aspects of things like what time you need to be there for, where you need to be etc.

nearer the time he will email us to ask if we are going with any friends who are also marshaling and if so, who? just so you can marshal the same stage section together :D

let's get this north east meet thingy ma jig properly sorted, not just a meet but actually come out and see some rally cars for goodnessssss sakeee :)

Might go watch in Hamsterley as it's only 5 minutes away from the house or croft.
I will be made redundant by then so will have time on my hands lol