Nightbreaker Plus - Any issues?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEOX5000

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just ordered a set of osram nightbreaker plus's for my gt, as I was wanting an upgrade and noticed they were quite popular here on the forum.

However after ordering I was reading reviews on amazon, and have seen quite a few people compalining of them blowing rather quickly often within ten weeks?

Has anyone had any issues?

Many Thanks,
Leox5000

I've just fitted osram NB+ and they are a mahoosive improvement over standard.

As to them blowing after 1 year I couldn't care as its only ~£20 for a new pair, I have no issues and haven't heard of anyone I know who have them coming across any problems.

Mine and Karen's are all still fine.

One question could be, were all the reported blown bulbs actually NB+ or a cheap.

Had Nightbreaker+ for about 6 months....best Light i ever had and no issues....now have Cool blue Hyper in ....cause of the Xenon look.

My last set of nb+ lasted about 10 months, have a new set now. Never had any real issues with them personally.

I have the standard night breakers as I was stupid and didn't notice there was a plus version.

They've lasted a year no problems so far.

I have HOD bulbs currently, which another member asked about and I tried through curiosity. They provide more light, and have lasted well, however, I think one Is now a slightly different colour temp to the other. I've not yet been in a car in front to see how they look since I noticed this. Perhaps Neil can comment on if they are 'socially acceptable' with me following

If the answers no, I'm buying NB+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

maggi112":gae88zdl said:
I have HOD bulbs currently, which another member asked about and I tried through curiosity. They provide more light, and have lasted well, however, I think one Is now a slightly different colour temp to the other. I've not yet been in a car in front to see how they look since I noticed this. Perhaps Neil can comment on if they are 'socially acceptable' with me following If the answers no, I'm buying NB+
I can't say I noticed them being overly bright when you were following. I know my old HID setup was rather anti social

It's good to know. I'm after replacements but H4 seem to be hard to get hold of. They certainly are an improvement on the road. Email fired off to alltronix, where my last set came from, to find out about their availability.

Pack of NB+ will be purchased later, I meant to buy some at fcs but didn't see anyone selling any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks for getting back to me.
Can't wait to fit them and see the difference. Will no doubt be a few weeks and the fogs and the rear lighting get the same treatment!

I had nightbreaker plus and they were a world apart from the OE bulbs.
Not only throwing light further, but looking like white headlights instead of yellow.

Only had the car 10months before selling it, but they seemed good.

I tried the Philips Extreme Vision + on the previous car and they last < 3 months.

People who complain about blowing them too quickly probaly were tampering with the light bulb and touching the glass of the bulb itself too much which causes them to blow too soon.

MovingShadow":3missclt said:
People who complain about blowing them too quickly probaly were tampering with the light bulb and touching the glass of the bulb itself too much which causes them to blow too soon.

Nope

Definitely did not touch the glass on the previous Philips.
And they were a swine to fit on the Vauxhall Corsa company shed.
God that was a crap car.