No auto lights or wipers on new RS133????

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone can answer this for certain? Been speaking to one owner (online) about this who has a new RS133 and she states it doesn't have auto lights and wipers but her old one did! It's not mentioned in the brochure as standard or an option and there's only one model now and you either have standard chassis or add the cup chassis pack! Even the dealer couldn't say for certain.

I know in the past there was the full fat and the cup models much like there is with 250s etc as I went through all that when I bought mine, so has Renault just got rid of this option!!!!

My facelift hasn't got either and to be honest I don't care! When I had them on my Clio I changed the battery and didn't realise that the ECU had reset the settings. I kept driving with my lights off, not good! If your in and out of different cars their just plain dangerous, In my opinion.

At least you get intermittent wipers which are much more use than the waste of space auto rubbish. I hate my auto fails

I know it's not the end of the world and I can quite happily live without them just seems a typical option on cars these days and surprised they got rid of them! The ones on my 225 are a little hitty missy but both systems on the 250 work really well and I don't have an issue with them.

Wait, you don't get intermittent/mist if you have auto wipers? :lol:

Glad I bought the cup now! The car I was looking at was FF and had them and I didn't notice on the test drive

U get a sensitivity Change, not intermittent, was about as much use as a chocolate teapot

My Facelift 133 doesn't have them, doesn't bother me. I think they are kinda pointless, If you can't remember to turn your lights on when it's dark and turn your wipers on when it rains you probably shouldn't be driving.

Biscoo":2t57asuy said:
My Facelift 133 doesn't have them, doesn't bother me. I think they are kinda pointless, If you can't remember to turn your lights on when it's dark and turn your wipers on when it rains you probably shouldn't be driving.

:lol: I like you're style mate, yes I'd have to agree.

i think they stopped putting them on around end of 2010, as mine is a 11 preface lift ff and i dont have auto lights or wipers.

not complaining i like to be able to turn on and off when i want :)

I've got both and mine's an '11 pre-facelift! Dunno if it was different on Gordinis though.

No idea when it was manufactured mind.

You can disable auto light full stop but wipers as soon as you put it in normal intermittent mode that's where auto wipers on is! So basically I have:
Off
Auto
Fast
Holly Smokes Fast!