noise from back of car

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
Today my twingo started making a kind of moaning noise from what sounds like the back right corner. Its not a knowing sound more like a constant drone. Does anyone have any idea what can cause such a noise?

check your tyres aren't feathered, if not ; wheel bearing. can't be anything else :)

I did have bearing down as my number one suspect so it must be that. My tyres are nearly new.

get some wood / chocks infront of the front wheels, jack the rear up and spin the wheel. you should be able to hear some kind of rolling resistance noise. inspect further, it could be that your rear shoes are worn down to bare metal and are contacting through a worn return spring. either way a drum strip has to happen :) the rear bearings are easy. just make sure you take note of how the old ones came out, so that you can put the new ones back in the same way lol and take a picture of the rear drum brake set up for rebuilding!

yeah, pressed bearing. you can use a hub socket and a plank of wood in its place though as long as you aren't barbaric. i'm sure any garage would be happy to insert the bearings for you for for a tenner or something if you pop in with the drums :)

[youtube]ht32FkcvigM[/youtube]