Noisy Cabin

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Do you find the interior of your Twingo noisy?

I've just noticed, what with the roads being somewhat worse for wear due to the weather you can hear every little noise from gravel or grit. :shock:

Is it just me or does anyone else notice this?

Yep, every day.

It's a cheap little RS so rattles come free. Which is nice of Renault :)

It's not so much the rattles but the amount of road noise.

I guess what doesn't help is having the separate seats at the back which opens up the noises from the boot. I know if you put the seats down in cars you can hear the road noise more. Guess with the boot being pretty much open to the back of the car it's inevitable.

Just cringe when you hear all the tinkling noises when you drive over any stones.

Then again I guess you don't drive a Twingo for it's refinement!! haha

yea i find when it rains u get loads of noise from the rear wheel arches.
sounds like cement mixers

Ha, try driving the 133 on 888's on the road - that is ROAD NOISE!

to be fair i run 888's or yoko a048's on some of my cars and one of them has NO interior and perspex windows-the road noise would drive me mental if i could hear it over the 4" pipe out the back :lol: :lol:

Ooo Al you should try driving on the road with Gravel rally tyres now that is loud , sounds like your getting chases by B52 bombers lol

TURBO":13bbbphx said:
to be fair i run 888's or yoko a048's on some of my cars and one of them has NO interior and perspex windows-the road noise would drive me mental if i could hear it over the 4" pipe out the back :lol: :lol:

Off topic but what cars do you have?

il pm u pics!!
i might even start some threads if karl dont mind as they arnt twingos!!

Ollie133cup":wz0athha said:
Ooo Al you should try driving on the road with Gravel rally tyres now that is loud , sounds like your getting chases by B52 bombers lol

im not sure whats more worrying the fact u run rally tyres or the fact u know what it sounds like to b chased by a bomber :lol: :lol:

TURBO":3bqi3i2b said:
Ollie133cup":3bqi3i2b said:

im not sure whats more worrying the fact u run rally tyres or the fact u know what it sounds like to b chased by a bomber :lol: :lol:

Lol , hey i got to work tho with the rally tyres where my road winter tyres couldnt get me out . :roll:

Alex_225":1el2vc8j said:
Do you find the interior of your Twingo noisy?

There are two ways to cure this problem:

1. Turn the radio up.

2. Open the windows and turn the revs up.

I recommend 1. in winter, and 2. in summer :idea:

I would normally just put the radio on by the missus always forgets the facia for her head unit. So end up driving it with now music. That's when you hear all the noise. :(

Sign to yourself? :D

To be fair.. It's French so it's going to rattle. I'm surprised how much better the build quality is over my old Clio's though :)

The RenaultSport models tend to be better put together in comparison to the usual models anyway. Well from experience I've had anyway.

My Megane 225 is surprisingly well put together as was my Clio 172. I've had numerous Clios in the past but the RenaultSport ones I've experienced haven't been too bad.

Apart from the road noise the rest of the Twingo isn't too bad.

Also big different between percieved build quality and reliability.