Non cup question

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs_nc

Reaction score
I know the cup pack was a very popular option, but I want to know if anyone didn't take that option and why, and also if anyone has any pics of non cup models please as most I've found online all have the cup pack.

Thanks

It's more comfy that's for sure. How much of that is down to the different profile tyres and how much is the suspension I don't know. I've ragged a full fat without cup and deffo preferred the cup. Best bet is to see if you can find a stealer with both and make your mind up or take a ride in someone's cup and see if it's for you or not

Dazza has a non cup chassis.

We also have a new white one here at work ready to go out to a customer.

Hey, I bought a red non cup 3 years ago!

I choses this due to money differences at the time! I regreted buying the non cup!

It has different alloys, only 16", and they don't look as nice!

The cup suspension is a personal preference. Sum people dnt like the harshness of the cup and some people prefer the slightly better handling!

I now have the silverstone edition. With cup package. And I love it!

Here a a few photos I my non cup!

_DSC0447.jpg

_DSC0459.jpg

_DSC0448.jpg

Cheers for the replies.

Situation is girlfriend has put a deposit on one, non cup model and now she's having second thoughts as she prefers the way the twingos with cup packs look and someone told her that the non cup model doesn't handle well.

Surely all the renaultsports handle well anyway, I don't doubt that the cup pack offers better handling especially on a track.

We've been googling for non cup models and looking at reviews but everyone I find has the cup pack, I even browsed a few members threads on here but I didn't come across a non cup pack one unless I'm blind lol

edit: Cheers for the pics above

Hey buddy i dont have the cup pack :) i think it handels really well round corners etc but i havent been able to compare it to a cupped one so not sure on how much difference it makes! :)

Transforms the car from a laugh into a riot IMO ;)

Try both. The cup isn't for everyone though, my mum refuses to accept lifts due to her back :lol: I felt quite sick the other day on a short trip in another cup. I'm a terrible passenger though :lol:

Yeah i bet it makes things alot better, i think if i could choose again the cup pack would be 1st in the list!

Has Karl said I've got a blue non cup. I got it because I like the alloys and I want my back to stay in 1 piece with the roads the way they r I didn't want the stiffness. The non cup still has stiff suspension just not as harsh as the cup. Plus if u do chose to have a cup get a 133 with cup chasse not just a cup because it has no ac and a bench back seat

Sent from my iPhone 4 using tapatalk

agree. def go for the 133 with cup not 133 cup gives u a few extra comforts and the indivdual back seats i find well handy compared to the bench i used to have in clio

Dazza1":3nefu909 said:
Has Karl said I've got a blue non cup. I got it because I like the alloys and I want my back to stay in 1 piece with the roads the way they r I didn't want the stiffness. The non cup still has stiff suspension just not as harsh as the cup. Plus if u do chose to have a cup get a 133 with cup chasse not just a cup because it has no ac and a bench back seat

Do you have any pictures of your car please?

Pics of non cup twingos are rare it seems.

Thanks

Just to put Dazza post a bit better

You can get the following:-

Non Cup : Has 16" alloys with aircon and 2 split rear seats.

Non Cup with cup pack : Has 17" cup alloys along with cup suspension but also has air con and 2 split rear seats.

Cup : 17" cup alloys along with cup suspension but has a bench seat and no aircon

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does help.

Girlfriend doesn't want the cup, as she wants aircon.

It's just the cup pack she wants as she thinks it looks better and is concerned because she's been told it handles much better.

I drove the one she's put a deposit down (haven't driven a cup) and I thought the car was fun, it was a test drive so while I drove it quite hard you can only drive it so hard with the salesman sitting next to you.

I've looked on the forum and my personal opinion is looks wise the cup pack looks much better.

rs_nc":11e3g75q said:
Dazza1":11e3g75q said:

Do you have any pictures of your car please?

Pics of non cup twingos are rare it seems.

Thanks

Not Dazza's car - but thought these might help. (found them on the tinterwebs - tried to get a bit of a colour spread - all full fat non cups)

imagegallery06540x303_Gallery.jpg

media

media

media

I wanted to find some blue - but in that search I mainly get pictures of Karls car come up :lol:

I personally made the decision that I wanted the FF to have the sliding rear bench seats (They've come in very handy), I like my creature comforts like Climate Control and improved stereo, and a mixture of how good the cup alloys look - and how awesome it is to drive with cup chassis - that had to be on the car for me.
I suffer a lot from a bad back - and I don't find the ride too harsh at all. Yes it's firm - but it's pretty well controlled, and the seats are very comfy which helps.

If its the look you want might be worth just getting a set of cup wheels?

Thanks for all the help, especially the pics.

I realised I didn't explain much in the first post, the situation is we went to view a twingo sport test drove it and put a deposit down.

Then later that evening she found cars with the cup pack, she called dealer to see if they could get one in, but as they are a franchise they can't do anything apart from renault to go stock (and there aren't any).

So her choice is to stick with the car she's put a deposit on, or lose deposit and get one with cup pack.

See for me personally if I got a car I had second thoughts on I think I'd always regret it. But I'm not sure I'd want to lose my deposit.

I don't really know what to tell her, and she's even more confused. If she didn't have a deposit down there'd be no question she'd look for one with cup pack.

She made the mistake of going for the first one she saw though...