Not new just upgraded ;-)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgonzalez

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for my long time away from forums but I have returned with this
bemynemu.jpg

Picked up Rosie Rocket today :) capsicum red with cup pack not sure which other bits are standard fit and which are options but I have covered over 180 miles with her already and loving every second of driving her :)

I will get some more pictures up once she has been given a proper clean.

love it in red / white. in my oppinion it looks seriously aggressive. bulky like a little bull dog! much more so than the phase 1 :D we are going to turn into cliosport.net with all this phase 1 phase 2 chat aren't we?

enjoy :D

oscar":1ef2bn76 said:
love it in red / white. in my oppinion it looks seriously aggressive. bulky like a little bull dog! much more so than the phase 1 :D we are going to turn into cliosport.net with all this phase 1 phase 2 chat aren't we?

enjoy :D

Lol'd a bit at the phase 1 phase 2 craic Dave!

Thanks guys and is certainly new and improved :) I love everything about it particularly the engine noise and chucking it through roundabouts/corners I'm sure I will back off before she loses grip aha!

Already pulled the bung out the air box and ordered a panel filter :p

Low mileage too at 10200 when I picked her up, one previous owner, needs a real good detail though and a really minor scuff on the osr arch at the back that needs some attention, most will buff clean I think though :)

waitey":24b3koiy said:
I wouldn't mind a twingo RS again... If the new RWD is decent power and charged I think I may be back in French :|
Lol TCE90 unless there's an rs version

LC":2s1l85u7 said:
waitey":2s1l85u7 said:
I wouldn't mind a twingo RS again... If the new RWD is decent power and charged I think I may be back in French :|

It might be quite fun if a bit of fine tuning can be done :D

unfortunately the twingo rs is dead and there are no plans whatsoever to raise it from the dead . if they were to decide tomorrow that they want to bring back the twingo rs then it will be a good four years away but that won't happent as renault don't have a suitable engine in place for it. it was a major sales flop and was a big money loss for renault ... shame really! a tce turborhcarged pocket rocket would be ridiculous

markhardy":2gi4s1o8 said:
LC":2gi4s1o8 said:
waitey":2gi4s1o8 said:

It might be quite fun if a bit of fine tuning can be done :D
3 cylinder so I doubt it lol 120bhp would be fun though

LC":33bpf5rt said:
waitey":33bpf5rt said:

I'd only get an RS if they released one, ford have a 140bhp 1ltr fiesta zetec S ecoboost edition now (what a ******* mouthful..) so hopefully renault will respond.

As for 4 years I plan on keeping my little chavbox 3-4 years then buying a posh pad for myself so a nice little car will be on the cards too :)

waitey":2oduu9rr said:
LC":2oduu9rr said:
waitey":2oduu9rr said:

I'd only get an RS if they released one, ford have a 140bhp 1ltr fiesta zetec S ecoboost edition now (what a f*****g mouthful..) so hopefully renault will respond.

As for 4 years I plan on keeping my little chavbox 3-4 years then buying a posh pad for myself so a nice little car will be on the cards too :)
Not a fan of the VXR , cheap lease deals though

Makes our RS Twingo's rarer though :) I still haven't seen a facelift out on the roads since they got released!! And only seen two pre-facelift's out and about.

oscar":2lovkamg said:
unfortunately the twingo rs is dead and there are no plans whatsoever to raise it from the dead . if they were to decide tomorrow that they want to bring back the twingo rs then it will be a good four years away but that won't happent as renault don't have a suitable engine in place for it. it was a major sales flop and was a big money loss for renault ... shame really! a tce turborhcarged pocket rocket would be ridiculous

The guy on the Renault stand in goodwood said there's a strong rumour/chance there's going to be a sportier 120bhp model. Fingers crossed for 1.4L turbo engine!

I think 80-90% of the essence in an RS Renault is the chassis. For ages they have been underpowered compared to most of the opposition yet they still work just as well. Maybe not having a suitable engine wont be such a sticking point ?

BTW... Welcome back Lewis. They do look good in Red :)