Number 110 gets an outing

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
When I say an outing I mean that in the loosest sense, I merely took it for a bit of a drive this evening and took a couple of snaps on my iPhone! I apologise for the slightly mucky wheels, the brakes were a little rusty so left a bit more dust than normal. :lol:

Still, I had some chap ask me all about it while I took the pics and then another bloke complement the car while I topped the petrol up.

photo1-3_zps97e7eba3.jpg

photo3-1_zpsa636c2e8.jpg

photo4_zps1630033e.jpg

Posing with it's older brother!

photo4copy_zpsc754d14c.jpg

I really should get a few more miles on it though, it's going down the same path as my 225! :shock:

photo5_zps516062ba.jpg

Have you ever run any engine in, is the more appropriate question...

Looks good. I'm still undecided by the wheels, but I change my mind each time I see them

I've also just noticed the stripes on the steering wheel. I guess on LHD cars they would line up with the roof and bonnet, but on RHD they didn't swap the stripes over?

maggi112":7sduy6gx said:
I've also just noticed the stripes on the steering wheel. I guess on LHD cars they would line up with the roof and bonnet, but on RHD they didn't swap the stripes over?

That's correct! I've been toying with the idea of buying some new stripes and getting them out in the right position.

Almost as lazy as keeping the sunvisors and mats the same as a LHD one..

You do have to love the French and their inability to give a f*ck about anyone who drive on 'ze wrong side of ze road!' haha.

And yes I have run my engines in....just!!! lol I must admit I do make a point of running my cars in for the 1,000 miles which means it's taken nearly three years in the Gordini haha.

As for the wheels, I think the white ones really suit it but I never disliked the originals I just hated the fragility of them and do think the plain white suits the car better. Lucky I've still got the OEM rims stored.

OEM
5.jpg

Team Dynamics
3.jpg

waitey":2wn25v0v said:
maggi112":2wn25v0v said:

That's correct! I've been toying with the idea of buying some new stripes and getting them out in the wrong position.

Fixed that for you ;)

MovingShadow":21eauwrf said:
waitey":21eauwrf said:
maggi112":21eauwrf said:

That's correct! I've been toying with the idea of buying some new stripes and getting them out in the wrong position.

Fixed that for you ;)

Shhhh you or we terrorise you at FCS :p

Looking very good fella. An I'm with maggi sometimes I like and sometimes I don't like the wheels!

An Waitey we will terrorise anyway!

I've been considering the white wheels and looking at your pictures i think they look better.
I also hate the fragility of the standard wheels!! :(

I think the white looks better but I'm not keen on the original wheels in white. LIke you Joshua, I don't like how fragile the finish and tyre size is on the original wheels yet I do like them.

Thing is the Gordini is blue and white, there's a couple of black bits but otherwise there's no silver on the car so the finish on the wheels adds another colour. Although white rims are laity, they actually make the car look less funny, which is something I think the Gordini can do with a bit lol